Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Recorded programs don't show up on list

Tutor

Recorded programs don't show up on list

My Genie HD/DVR will sometimes not show all the programs that are recorded.  It only happens on the main receiver list.  When I go to another tv, the programs are all there.  I have to reset the main receiver to get the list to display properly.  My receiver is only 30-40 percent full at any one time.  Also, I've had the same receivers for at least 2 years.  Has any one else had this problem?  

Message 1 of 119
Tutor

Re: Recorded programs don't show up on list

maybe there is an FCC web site we can report this too, a problem that's not being fix for a least a year

Message 76 of 119
Tutor

I agree! This has gone on way to long
Message 77 of 119
ACE - Expert

@woof359 wrote:

maybe there is an FCC web site we can report this too, a problem that's not being fix for a least a year

Wouldn't do any good.  

But the problem is fixed in software currently being tested (v1147), and which some folks have reported it's started getting.  

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 78 of 119
Teacher

Even when I sort back and forth between most recent and alphabetically, many shows still do NOT show up.  If I go to the history of recorded shows they can be found but you have to scroll all over to find them.  I am currently rebooting my base unit about once every two or three days to get the list back to normal.  We also found at the same time that several prompted options disappear, like at the end of the show to DELETE or SAVE does not appear, you have to go back to the main menu - find the program - then DELETE it.  What a pain in the butt. 

Message 79 of 119
Teacher

Maybe AT&T (DirecTV) wants us all to upgrade our internet to their 100MB fiber and do A LA CART streaming.  DISH is not a good alternative.  Streaming is much cheaper and works great if you have selective viewing.  If you have a family and multiple tastes then you are stuck. So - HULU, NetFlix, YouTube TV, Sling, PlayStation Vue - all very good alternatives.  You can buy NHL, NFL, MLB individually as well. 

Message 80 of 119
Teacher

I think ATT is trying to do away with Direct TV.  Evidently it is too much of a threat to their Uverse.  It would be nice if someone from ATT actually answered in this forum.
Message 81 of 119
Tutor

Pretty clear they don’t care. I’ve had to reboot my DVR three times this week. Called about this months ago and was told that a fix was coming soon. Just called in and was told all they can do is send a tech out (and waste more of my time!) for what is clearly a software issue affecting many PAYING customers. Also told that they could not escalate to anyone else as I was already talking to the loyalty department. This was all after the rep pretended like this issue was a new thing. More Customer No Service. 

ANYONE WHO ACTUALLY WORKS FOR DIRECTV WANT TO CHIME IN WITH SOME ACTUAL INFORMATION?????  

Message 82 of 119

December 11, 2018... this issue is STILL happening... 

Message 83 of 119
ACE - Expert

@tavenarius wrote:

December 11, 2018... this issue is STILL happening... 

Yep.  And it won't be fixed until your Genie gets the latest software update (v1147).  

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 84 of 119
Teacher

Some recorded movies were missing from our general playlist, but they showed up in movies. 

Message 85 of 119
Teacher

yeah and what century might the upgrade happen?  This has been ongoing for months, I am sick of having to reset my DVR two or more times a week to get my recorded list to populate fully.  Completely unacceptable.

Message 86 of 119

We KNOW this is an identified issue with the Genie software.  So isn't it logical the charge for the Genie support isn't really earned?  On my bill I have a charge for Advanced Receiver Service for $23 after a $2 discount.  Perhaps we as a group should demand more, but certainly at least the amount each of us is charged should be waived to compensate for this hardship.  Call DTV billing and demand a credit in arrears for some period, and a credit going forward, until resolved. 

The ONLY way to get any action is to prove they're losing revenue.  Right now, all they're seeing is a few negative posts, and an occasional call to support. UNTIL THIS STINGS DTV, nothing will happen.
 EVERYONE should do this ASAP! 

Message 87 of 119
Contributor

Re: Recorded programs don

Let me know if your idea to refuse payment for a defective Genie receiver goes anywhere, please.
Message 88 of 119

Re: Recorded programs don

I got a new receiver. It didn't make any difference. I can't believe they're giving new customers defective equipment, but I guess they are.

Message 89 of 119
Tutor

I tried already and was told there was no known issue and wanted me to go to tech support again. They will want to replace my receiver and I'm not loosing my programming when I know that won't fix it.

Message 90 of 119
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support