Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Recorded programs don't show up on list

Tutor

My Genie HD/DVR will sometimes not show all the programs that are recorded.  It only happens on the main receiver list.  When I go to another tv, the programs are all there.  I have to reset the main receiver to get the list to display properly.  My receiver is only 30-40 percent full at any one time.  Also, I've had the same receivers for at least 2 years.  Has any one else had this problem?  

Message 1 of 119
Teacher

Re: Recorded programs don't show up on list

what good is getting new equipment?  You will lose the shows recorded already and have to rebuild the recording list.  It's not the equipment, it's the software!  This is ridiculous!  Counting the last 4 months of my 'agreement' down and I will leave if they don't have this resolved soon.  I reset at LEAST twice a week and I don't want to hear the garbage about go to 'history', that is a royal pain to have to scroll through all that history to find the show you want to watch, we should NOT have to do this.  And sorting the list does NOT work, I sort the list, it shows me 1 show when I know there are at least 15 shows recorded.

Message 46 of 119
Teacher

I totally agree with you. We just switched to DISH. We took an $80.00 dollar hit on our contract with Direct Tv, however the deal the Dish offered more than made up for it. And they offer a good "Refer a Friend" program as well.
Message 47 of 119
ACE - Expert

@cushman7668 wrote:
I totally agree with you. We just switched to DISH. We took an $80.00 dollar hit on our contract with Direct Tv, however the deal the Dish offered more than made up for it. And they offer a good "Refer a Friend" program as well.

Hope you don't subscribe to HBO or Cinemax ....

https://www.dbstalk.com/community/index.php?threads/hbo-and-cinemax-removed.227303/#post-3516235

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 48 of 119
Teacher

If you can take the $*0.00 hit for leaving (I ,too had 4 months) then run. Dish has offered me an unbelievable package and their "Refer a Friend" deal is good as well.
Message 49 of 119
Teacher

No, we do not subscribe to HBO or Cinemax
Message 50 of 119
ACE - Expert

@cushman7668 wrote:
No, we do not subscribe to HBO or Cinemax

Well, that's good. Anyway, my point is that all providers have issues.  None are perfect.  Hope you enjoy Dish.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 51 of 119
Tutor

Download the DirectTV App to a mobile device, the Playlist on there is correct. Connect your mobile device to the same local network as your DVR. Then, use the Playlist on the App to “send” a show to your TV.

Message 52 of 119
Tutor

Can’t assess their system. I tried. It’s a joke and I’m done with them. Just waiting the few weeks to end only contract. They’ve had months to fix this.
Message 53 of 119

I got all new equipment because I was told it worked perfectly.  Wrong!  Same problem.

Message 54 of 119
Tutor

As soon as I have time I'm switching...I'm over giving them chances to fix this.   I know when A T & T bought DirecTV this was coming...AT&T service has sucked for YEARS.  

Message 55 of 119
Tutor

Its November 12th.  When will this issue be fixed????

Message 56 of 119
Tutor

I don't think they care or even know how to fix it.  When I have spoken to them they have told me there is no issues when speaking to customer service.  The techs know about it but they can't do anything to fix it.  Direct TV won't discount for the fact I'm paying for a product that doesn't work.  Sad, so sad after all these years.

Message 57 of 119
ACE - Expert

@Shakri wrote:

I don't think they care or even know how to fix it.  When I have spoken to them they have told me there is no issues when speaking to customer service.  The techs know about it but they can't do anything to fix it.  Direct TV won't discount for the fact I'm paying for a product that doesn't work.  Sad, so sad after all these years.

It's taken too long, but they know how to fix it.  In fact, it's fixed in software currently being beta tested (v1144). 

Message 58 of 119
Contributor

Thanks for the information Mr. Ace.  That is not helpful but it would be if you could provide a date when this fixed version will be released.  I've worked with software engineering for over 20 years and ALL software versions have projected release dates.  It's part of quality software management. Maybe you, Mr. Ace, have some influence with AT&T support?

As you can tell from the numerous posts here, this bug is causing lots of frustration among customers and some are leaving for competitors.  A release date would go a long way to relieving the frustration.  BTW, I just got a ROKU and it is fabulous. 

AT&T has a 100-year+ heritage of quality network administration.  Lets hope they can keep it.

Message 59 of 119
ACE - Expert

@tjmat01

I'm a customer like you, not an employee.  I have no idea when v1144 with this fix will roll out to everyone.  I just know that folks testing that release have reported it's fixed.

Message 60 of 119
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support