Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Recorded programs don't show up on list

Tutor

My Genie HD/DVR will sometimes not show all the programs that are recorded.  It only happens on the main receiver list.  When I go to another tv, the programs are all there.  I have to reset the main receiver to get the list to display properly.  My receiver is only 30-40 percent full at any one time.  Also, I've had the same receivers for at least 2 years.  Has any one else had this problem?  

Message 1 of 119
Teacher

Re: Recorded programs don't show up on list

Hmmm - I may try that. And I hear ya - I've been with DirecTV for YEARS
and have always bragged on them, but this issue has been annoying and I,
too, have been pretty unhappy.
Message 31 of 119
ACE - Expert

You can try whatever you like. The fact is that no-one has found a workaround that works for everybody, and this is a bug that will not go away until it is fixed by DirecTV.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 32 of 119
Teacher

I do not disagree with you, just telling you what I was told.  Will give this a week before I quit them.  I am tired of this whole thing and arguing with them. Sad.

Message 33 of 119
Contributor

Where do you enter the code 02468?

Message 34 of 119
Teacher

I hear ya - I'm sick to death of the whole THING you have to go through to
even get to the fixing the issue. I always chat with them instead and have
them take the time to look at the prior account notes. Still hasn't helped
resolve anything. How do we get the attention of somebody higher up here?
How to escalate?
Message 35 of 119
Teacher

It seems hard to believe that they want us to cancel but I can't figure anything else out.  They want us back on U_Verse where they make more money.This shows why the government shouldn't let rival companies merge.
Message 36 of 119
Teacher

Contact the better business bureau.  After 8 1/2 years, I can't believe you are still under contract to them.  That sounds like an unethical threat.
Message 37 of 119
Contributor

This problem was to "FIXED" in August, Now is going to be "FIXED" with the next update. How about you loose ALL your customers while you try to "FIX" this issue?

Message 38 of 119
ACE - Expert

Who said it was going to be fixed in August?

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 39 of 119
Tutor

HOW  MUCH  LONGER UNTIL  THIS  IS  FIXED...we're resetting out unit a couple of times a day!   I'm ready to give up on DirecTV....their service is so bad  

Message 40 of 119
Contributor

I got tired of this and switched to Dish 2 years ago. Dish has a far superior DVR and I have never experienced this problem with Dish.

Message 41 of 119
Contributor

I frequently experienced this problen with Directv and switched to Dish 2 years ago.  I have not experienced this problem with Dish.  Their DVR is superior.

Message 42 of 119
Tutor

Well I have also had this issue for the past 4 or 5 months.  Both my parents and brother in-law are having the same issue.  I just had to reset it again for the 3rd time this week.  It is getting worse by the day it seems for us.  I have been a loyal customer of Direct TV and have sung there praise for years.  Sadly I can no longer do that.  I have spent hours on the phone with both customer service and technical support.  They are actually claiming there is no issue now.  They will not give us a discount since we are paying for a product that is not working.  

I'm now done with Direct TV.  I'm not sure if these issues is because of the merger with AT&T or not. But I have never had poor service from them until now.  They keep raising the price of the service for their loyal customers, have a product that doesn't work and are not doing anything about it.  I have to wait a few months for my contact to come up as I had done an upgrade a little bit ago.  Once that is done I will be taking my business elsewhere.  It is sad that it has had to come to this.  I like satellite and see a few have already headed to Dish, so I will be checking them out soon.

Message 43 of 119

I also have been having issues with the recordings disappearing.  I have requested a new DVR receiver or I will go elsewhere.  They are sending out new equipment.  If that also has a problem, I will be done with Direct TV.

Message 44 of 119
Tutor

Im not happy about this issue but I can work thru it, even after  re flashing the DRV its not showing some shows, my better half is blowing a fuse over  it and if we didn't have a 2 year contract the dish would be gone. I don't mind bugs I do mind being charged to deal with them and no fix in sight

Message 45 of 119
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support