Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Impacted by the government shutdown? AT&T can help.  Learn more

Recorded programs don't show up on list

Tutor

Recorded programs don't show up on list

My Genie HD/DVR will sometimes not show all the programs that are recorded.  It only happens on the main receiver list.  When I go to another tv, the programs are all there.  I have to reset the main receiver to get the list to display properly.  My receiver is only 30-40 percent full at any one time.  Also, I've had the same receivers for at least 2 years.  Has any one else had this problem?  

Message 1 of 118
Teacher

Re: Recorded programs don't show up on list

I don't think they know how or care to fix the problem or they would have done it.  It's been 4 going on 5 months

Message 16 of 118
Teacher

Okay i'm sorry I called you a shill, BUT!!!  You wrote this 9/25/2018 and it's 10/4/2018 and nothing has been done.  You spout mumbo jumbo when you say an update goes out in spits and spurts.  This is not 1985 and they are sending each subscriber an update through the mail.  If they were, maybe I'd have mine by now!  Updates are instantaneous when they are sent out.  It's called the world wide web.  So I'm sorry for saying you drank the ATT koolaid.

Message 17 of 118
ACE - Expert

@abdpmyz wrote:

Okay i'm sorry I called you a shill, BUT!!!  You wrote this 9/25/2018 and it's 10/4/2018 and nothing has been done.  You spout mumbo jumbo when you say an update goes out in spits and spurts.  This is not 1985 and they are sending each subscriber an update through the mail.  If they were, maybe I'd have mine by now!  Updates are instantaneous when they are sent out.  It's called the world wide web.  So I'm sorry for saying you drank the ATT koolaid.

Apology accepted.  I agree that it's silly the way that DirecTV distributed software updates.  They've always been staggered over several weeks.  I think this a way to avoid overwhelming CSRs with too many calls all at once when folks see something changed.  It took nearly six months for all Genies to get the software with the new menus.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 18 of 118
Teacher

Well sassy, i can record it on my phone and show you that the crap I record then go back and watch later always sputters sometime during the show, and my recordings don't all show up on my list button that I hit to see recordings.  As for the dates, not all of us live in a city with 4g cell service and I didn't know it went through....🙄

Message 19 of 118
Tutor

How do I get to the Genie's History Menu?

Message 20 of 118
Scholar

Another tip for trying to find your missing recordings is sometimes they will show up in other folders, such as “continue watching” or “tv shows.” I also will go into series manager and find the show I’m trying to watch in my list of all shows my family records, then find info for your show and select season and usually can find your recordings that way. 

One other thing I’ve been doing is do a “search” of the show I’m looking for and then go into the seasons folder of the show and find the episode I had recorded (similar to above)

I hope this helps someone rather than confuses! 😀 Really hope we get a new update soon. I’ve been frustrated for months!!

Message 21 of 118
Teacher

When is the next update?  I've been dealing with this for MONTHS now, and quite frankly, I don't want to talk with technical help again (would be THIRD time).  They told me months ago it would be fixed in next update, and what the tech walked me through doing, and supposedly "pushed" to me would fix it.  WRONG.  I have to reset my DVR with red button at LEAST once a week.  Super annoyed!  Come on Directv!  You've partnered with technology giant AT&T.  Between the two of you, seems like you could figure this out and get it FIXED for real...

Message 22 of 118
Teacher

AGREED - I posted in this thread that I'm having to reset my DVR multiples times a week!  SUPER ANNOYING

Message 23 of 118
Scholar

It is super annoying!! I was resetting mine every day and then I guess I got lazy and just search and search until I find whatever recorded show I was looking for. It’s seriously ridiculous 

Message 24 of 118
Teacher

I have over 600 in mine.  It stinks and I don't think ATT gives a rat's #$$

Message 25 of 118
Teacher

I completely agree with you, I have called till I am blue in the face.  They told me it would be fixed by mid July, NOPE still doing it..  And yes, you can go to HISTORY and find your recording, but who wants to go through 496 recordings?  Enough!  I am getting ready to call them ONE more time, if nothing is done then I am switching to DISH! 

Message 26 of 118
Contributor

We are having this issue but are told by at&t it's because we use an am21 for its TV. Do you use an am21 or is this just related to the updated at&t listing software?

Message 27 of 118
Teacher

No AM21-just straight DVR. Not sure if it's related to AT&T listing
software. DirecTV techs that I've been dealing with said it's a known bug
(that was supposed to be fixed months ago, but apparently it has not been)
AARGHH!

Message 28 of 118
ACE - Expert

@3wkradio wrote:

We are having this issue but are told by at&t it's because we use an am21 for its TV. Do you use an am21 or is this just related to the updated at&t listing software?

That's a good one!  The "missing recordings" bug has nothing to do with the AM21 or off-air channels.  

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 29 of 118
Teacher

Hi, I was just told by Directtv that if you push the reset button and while it is rebooting enter code 02468 that this will fix the problem.  I did this but do not know if it will work.  I have techs from another company (DISH) coming today to replace them.  However, they have told me here that I am still under contract with them and will have to pay an early cancellation fee. What to do?  I have been with Directtv for the last 8 1/2 years and been pretty pleased up until the last year. What to do?

Message 30 of 118
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support