Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Recorded programs don't show up on list

Highlighted
Tutor

Recorded programs don't show up on list

My Genie HD/DVR will sometimes not show all the programs that are recorded.  It only happens on the main receiver list.  When I go to another tv, the programs are all there.  I have to reset the main receiver to get the list to display properly.  My receiver is only 30-40 percent full at any one time.  Also, I've had the same receivers for at least 2 years.  Has any one else had this problem?  

Message 1 of 119
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by NEShopper
‎08-15-2018 9:44 AM

Re: Recorded programs don't show up on list

Oh yes.  Lots of posts about this issue.  It's a known bug in the latest Genie software.  You can still find those "missing" recordings in the Genie's History menu.  Resetting will bring them back, for a while.  This bug should be fixed in the next update.

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 119
Tutor

Thanks thanks so much.  Once I signed up for the Community board and posted my question I was able to see all the others who have had this issue.  Hoping the next update comes soon.  Thanks again...

Message 3 of 119
Teacher

Why am I still paying full price for the DVR if I have to reboot my genie each time just to see what all is in my list??   To me, we should be getting DVR free back dated from all the trouble & frustration I've already gone thru & seems nobody is in, any hurry to fix it!  Maybe THEM loosing money & being INCONVENIENCED LIKE ME WILL SPEED THEM UP!  ESP WHEN I PAY FOR 4 RECEIVERS IN MY HOUSE!  VERY FRUSTRATED!  

IS ANYONE ELSE HAVING TROUBLE KEEPING SAME GENIE CONNECTED TO INTERNET? Mine is Constantly dropping & I'm having to reenter password every time!  Lete guess, another "glitch".....? ?  

Message 4 of 119
ACE - Expert

@ANGERD wrote:

Why am I still paying full price for the DVR if I have to reboot my genie each time just to see what all is in my list??   To me, we should be getting DVR free back dated from all the trouble & frustration I've already gone thru & seems nobody is in, any hurry to fix it!  Maybe THEM loosing money & being INCONVENIENCED LIKE ME WILL SPEED THEM UP!  ESP WHEN I PAY FOR 4 RECEIVERS IN MY HOUSE!  VERY FRUSTRATED!  

IS ANYONE ELSE HAVING TROUBLE KEEPING SAME GENIE CONNECTED TO INTERNET? Mine is Constantly dropping & I'm having to reenter password every time!  Lete guess, another "glitch".....? ?  

Hey, call DirecTV and ask.  Maybe they'll give you some compensation.  Of course, you don't actually have to reset your Genie since you can view the "missing" recordings from the Genie's History Menu.  

The internet connection problem is something else. It's not a widespread problem, despite what you may see in some posts here.  Start a new thread with more details about your equipment, network connections, internet service provider, and exact symptoms and we'll try to help get that fixed.  

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 119
Teacher

I have some older shows recorded and have watched a number of other shows in meantime so t9 get to the 9lder shows via the ‘recording history’ is not convenient when there are some 180 shows in the recorded history list.

Message 6 of 119

I am having the same problem

Message 7 of 119
Teacher

I agree, and the “ACE” expert stop saying it’s a “bug and will be fixed in the next upgrade “ because clearly Direct TV/ATT doesn’t give a crap about anyone having this issue or they would have fixed it 3 months ago.  I'm sick of trying to fix it with the 0s and resets.

Message 8 of 119
Teacher

When is this so called update going to take place?  It's now 09/25/2018 and all my programs were lost again last night.  Is DTV going to fix this problem or are you wanting us to choose another provider?  I pay a bunch month for basically nothing.  The earliest time this problem shows up is 07/05/2018.  How long does it take to fix something that originally wasn't broken in the first place?  It appears the Ace/Experts are just shills.

Message 9 of 119
Teacher

Do you have any idea of what a giant pain in the b@tt that is?  I've done it time and again and it stinks.  Why don't you just fix it?  There is nothing more refreshing than calling India, getting no answer, then being told "we'll give you HBO for 3 Months".  Just fix the problem or tell us you don't want our business.

Message 10 of 119
ACE - Expert

@abdpmyz wrote:

When is this so called update going to take place?  It's now 09/25/2018 and all my programs were lost again last night.  Is DTV going to fix this problem or are you wanting us to choose another provider?  I pay a bunch month for basically nothing.  The earliest time this problem shows up is 07/05/2018.  How long does it take to fix something that originally wasn't broken in the first place?  It appears the Ace/Experts are just shills.

Thanks for accusing me of being a "shill".  I can assure you I'm just a regular customers that does my homework and follows sources of info that CSRs often don't seem to know about.  You can research the fix for this issue yourself in the Cutting Edge forum, where folks volunteer to test early beta releases of DirecTV software .... www.imanedgecutter.com

This bug is supposedly fixed in the release rolling out now.  And it usually takes 1-2 months for all Genies to be updated. 

Message 11 of 119

You can click on list, then on the left click on manage recordings, then click on recording history.  It's a pain but your program will be somewhere in that list.  Hope they fix this real soon.

Message 12 of 119
Tutor

yep. wife's blowing a fuse on why were paying for some thing they cant fix, Me? its a pain but I can live with it for a while as long as it DOES get fixed

Message 13 of 119
Tutor

This is absolute nonsense!  We’ve been having this same issue, losing shows, missing episodes since the stupid guide change and are tired of having to reset each and every time our kids want to watch their shows.  When is the next update coming?  We’ve got one HD Genie DVR and 4 mini genies and have to reset TVs DAILY!!!!  What’s the REAL deal?!?

Message 14 of 119
Contributor

I found that if I sort alphabetically all my shows are there. I don't like this glitch, but at least I'm not alone! 

Message 15 of 119
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support