Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Re: Recorded Shows are Missing

Tutor

Recorded Shows are Missing

Currently being recorded shows are not listed on my main receiver but show on my bedroom Genie list?

Why can’t I see them on my main DVR?

Message 1 of 24
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Expert (ACE - Expert)
Accepted by litzdog911
‎09-29-2018 11:09 AM

It's a bug in the Genie software.  Lots of posts here about it.  Fortunately it's fixed in the next update that just started rolling out this week.  In the meantime, you can find those "missing" recordings in the Genie's "Record History" or under "Manage Recordings" menus. 

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 24
Tutor

Download the DirectTV App to a mobile device, the Playlist on there is correct. Connect your mobile device to the same local network as your DVR. Then, use the Playlist on the App to “send” a show to your TV.

Tags (4)
Message 3 of 24
Teacher

They keep saying resolved but nothing has changed. So frustrating!

Message 4 of 24
Tutor

We've been experiencing the same thing for months. I've threatened to leave them and they lowered my bill some but the frustration of all this is hardly worth it.

Message 5 of 24
ACE - Expert

I don't think anyone is saying it's resolved. There is a fix for this in the latest test software but it hasn't been released yrt.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 24
Contributor

How do I get the update?

Message 7 of 24
ACE - Expert

@Walnetto4 wrote:

How do I get the update?

You're Genie will be updated automatically when the update is released.  Be wary of folks describing how to force a software update.  It's too risky.  You can end up with beta software that can wipe your recordings. 

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Message 8 of 24
Teacher

Hi, I was just told by Directtv that if you push the reset button and while it is rebooting enter code 02468 that this will fix the problem.  I did this but do not know if it will work.  I have techs from another company (DISH) coming today to replace them.  However, they have told me here that I am still under contract with them and will have to pay an early cancellation fee. What to do?  I have been with Directtv for the last 8 1/2 years and been pretty pleased up until the last year. What to do?

Message 9 of 24
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

No, that won't fix the problem. The person who told you this does not understand how downloads work.

Message 10 of 24
Teacher

I do not disagree with you, just telling you what I was told.  Will give this a week before I quit them.  I am tired of this whole thing and arguing with them. Sad.

Message 11 of 24
Teacher

I would switch we are switching after 12 years really gone downhill since At&T took over and they don’t care!
Message 12 of 24
Teacher

We’re leaving tired of this
Message 13 of 24

Customer since 1994, convinced many people to switch to "the best".

DISASTER!!!

I only just ran into this "missing from list" issue. Add to the other atrocious  issues and it's an incredible FAIL!.

I did discover that my older receiver, connected via HOME, has all the programs. If I start PLAY and then stop each missing one,

I can then see  them on the Genie under CONTINUE.

Beats a reboot, but I'm looking at DISH now.

Message 14 of 24
Tutor

I'm still seeing the problem.  I have software 0x1104 installed Weds 8/1 at 12:57am.  But still not working.  Sigh.  Do you know the sw version that is supposed to have the fix?

Message 15 of 24
Share this topic
Share this topic
Learn how to troubleshoot your DIRECTV DVR & Receiver. View DVR & Receiver Help!
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support