Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Recorded Shows are Missing

Highlighted
Teacher

Recorded Shows are Missing

They were here yesterday and are gone today. I have about 20% space left and all these recording were set as keep until I delete them. On the main screen it has the show as recently recorded under recordings and then when I go into the playlists it's not there. These shows have recorded over time, and there are about 20+ of them. This has also happened with another series on there. Sometimes they will magically come back, and I can watch the show for a day but then they disappear again. They are not just deleting on there own because they were all recorded in the last two weeks over the span of a few days, so that is not a proper explanation. Like I also said, sometimes they spontaneously come back. Or if I unplug my box and restart the system they come back. I dont want to trouble shoot this every week. Is there a software update that will solve this problem because I am quite annoyed with this. 

Message 61 of 534
Teacher

Shows that are recorded are not showing up on all recordings

When we go to "List" to view our recorded shows some of them are not showing up on in  "all recordings". If we scroll down to "TV shows" they are found there, but are not all included in "all recordings". What's going on?

Message 1 of 534
Teacher

Re: Shows that are recorded are not showing up on all recordings

I can view all my recordings in the bedroom, on a basic receiver, but the DVR in the livingroom is not showing all recordings.

Strange....

Message 2 of 534
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by Administrator (Administrator)
Accepted by ATTAlex
‎11-05-2018 10:19 AM

It's a bug in the latest Genie software update.  Hopefully will be fixed soon.

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 534
Teacher

Thank you!
Message 4 of 534

Anyone know when they are "hoping" to fix this bug?

Message 5 of 534
ACE - Expert

It's fixed in the latest beta test release so I expect it will get rolled out into production soon.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 534
Teacher

How are you getting to recorded programs below the scroll limit?

I tried sort... no good

i tried search, but that does not search recordings, just ondemand/current-showings/etc

Is there a secret to getting a human on the phone for technical support?

thank-you!

Message 7 of 534
ACE - Expert

@sjohns10 wrote:

How are you getting to recorded programs below the scroll limit?

I tried sort... no good

i tried search, but that does not search recordings, just ondemand/current-showings/etc

Is there a secret to getting a human on the phone for technical support?

thank-you!

You can select and view the "missing" recordings using the Genie's History menu. 

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Message 8 of 534
Mentor

I am usually able to find them able to find them off of the left side menu, "All recordings" is the default selection at the top of the list.  If I select a category underneath such as movies or TV shows the programs will show up there.  A new problem surfaced for me yesterday, I had multiple episodes of a TV show recorded, when I deleted an episode I just finished watching, the DVR cancelled the series and removed all the shows from my view under any categories.  I thought they were gone for good, but when I re-added the series to record, they all showed up again after the next episode recorded.  When I deleted another episode, the same thing happened.  This is unnacceptable !   I've been using Direct TV DVR's for many years, NEVER had any issues like this.   AT&T ruins everything they touch...

Message 9 of 534
Mentor

Sometimes pressing 0 to sort will make some shows appear in the list, but it usually prunes other shows from the list .Ohwell. My family is tired of this. 

<Rant>I really feel like I'm not getting what I paid for. Having to employ a workaround for a feature I'm paying for is quite the ripoff.</rant>

Message 10 of 534
Contributor

Where is the history menu?

Message 11 of 534
Mentor

List Button (remote), Manage Recordings (Side Menu), Recording History (3rd down in center)

Message 12 of 534
Tutor

Sometimes the 0 sort doesn’t work for me. I have to resort to resetting the receiver at least once a day. Drives me crazy. I’ve had this problem for a couple of months. I was told that 0x1088 should take care of it. Upgraded as soon as it came out. Still have the same problem. I hope the next upgrade takes care of this. Any idea when that will be?

Dave
Message 13 of 534

We forgot to watch the last Westworld. It's recorded, but doesn't show up on my playlist. Sort doesn't work either. History works, but extremely painful, not acceptable.

Also if I Search for Westworld, it didn't see my recording, only on demand shows. The old interface used to show you during search if you already have it on your list. I have to find it on demand, if my internet is working that minute, and then it shows my recording instead of on demand version. This needs fixing!!!

Why are we getting a Beta version of this interface??? You are going to lose a ton of customers over this! I have no idea what else is on my list I can't see... Bare minimum is being able to see your recordings...

Message 14 of 534
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support