Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Receiver upgrade

Contributor

Receiver upgrade

I received a call today that said that I needed to upgrade one of my three receivers. The model of the one that needs to be upgraded is C41-100. I was told that needed to be upgraded or I would lose all the TV reception. I just had these installed in December, are they really out of date or is this a scam? They wanted deposits and credit card info. Is this something I need ? 

Message 1 of 6
Employee
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by fjroberts
‎02-12-2019 1:40 PM

Re: Receiver upgrade

The C41-100 should be fine. What are the model numbers of the other receivers you have?

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 6
ACE - Expert

Sounds like a scam!

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 6
Contributor

The other two are c-61-100 and a HR 44-700

Message 4 of 6
ACE - Expert

Those are all modern equipment. This was a scam call.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 6
Highlighted
Employee

Just as Litzdog911 said, your equipment does not need to be replaced. 

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 6 of 6
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support