Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Receiver shut off by itself and won't reset

Highlighted
Contributor

Receiver shut off by itself and won't reset

My Receiver, model number R16-500, shut off on its own and immediately started a system reset but stops at the "receiving Satellite info..." screen with 0% Complete. I have tried doing both a system reset and refresh but it always comes back to the same screen and the refresh does nothing. Any sugestions or is my receiver dead?

Message 1 of 4
Contributor

Re: Receiver shut off by itself and won't reset

Nevermind it just started working again by itself

Message 2 of 4
ACE - Expert

@nmb5171,

Did you know that your R16 DVR will become a boat anchor in April 2019?  Hopefully you've been notified by DirecTV about their replacement program for older non-HiDef equipment that will be obsoleted soon.  If not, call them .... 1 800 531 5000

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 4
ACE - Expert

@nmb5171 wrote:

My Receiver, model number R16-500, 

That is the last MPEG-2 (SD only) DVR made. DirecTV is shutting down the remaining MPEG-2 feeds in April 2019. You will need to contact them about their options to swap equipment (including receiving dish) to the equivalent MPEG-4 option, or to upgrade.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Learn how to troubleshoot your DIRECTV DVR & Receiver. View DVR & Receiver Help!
Additional Support