Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Receiver keeps resetting on its own

Tutor

Receiver keeps resetting on its own

Lately my main receiver has been freezing randomly in the middle of shows and has been slow to respond to remote commands. Yesterday it started turning itself off and back on again and resetting as if I pressed the red reset button or it has lost power. Once reset is complete, it will work for a few minutes then shuts off again and repeats the whole process. This has happened multiple times all day today. I have tried unplugging and plugging back in, but it still continues the same thing.  Is there anything else I can try? I really don't want a replacement unless absolutely necessary as I have many recordings I don't want to lose. 

Message 1 of 4
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Expert (ACE - Expert)
Accepted by litzdog911
‎04-06-2019 6:42 PM

Re: Receiver keeps resetting on its own

Sounds like the DVR hard drive is dying. Replacement is the only cure.  Call DirecTV at 1 800 531 5000.  The replacement is free if you have their Equipment Protection Plan, otherwise $20 for shipping.

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 4
Contributor

I have same problem.  But when I call they want to send a tech to tell me I need a new receiver and charge me $99.

Message 3 of 4
Tutor

I called and they shipped me a replacement for free. The only problem is I
lost all of my recordings.
Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support