Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Receiver (GenieGO) No wireless internet connection.

Highlighted
Tutor

Receiver (GenieGO) No wireless internet connection.

Today, I just had a tech come and set up a new Genie HR-700 w/3 mini clients.  I am unable to connect the main HR-700 unit to my wireless network/internet connection; I keep getting the same error code.  I currently use a Linksys by Cisco router, WRT120N Wireless-N.  I have many other devices in use on this router, and also have MAC filtering enabled.  I have checked the MAC address of the main unit numerous times to make sure it's correct.  I've also tried rebooting my router, no go.  My router password is also set to use WPA2 for password encryption.

These are the steps I've taken within DirecTV, can someone please help?

Menu > Settings & Help > Settings > Network Setup > Advanced Setup...
Connect Now > Continue > Manual Setup...
Searches for and finds my network, Continue, then asks for Passphrase:, Continue...
Setup: Wireless Connection
There was a problem with your network connection. Result Code: 86-644

Menu > Settings & Help > Settings > Network Setup > Advanced Setup...
Connect Now > Continue > Push Button Setup... (push the button on router/LED on router blinks)
Attempting to connect to your router... (2 min timeout)
Unable to complete Push Button Setup. If your router supports WPS, select "Try Push Button Again" and then press the WPS button on your router before the 2-minute timeout. Alternatively, select Manual Setup. Result Code: 86-644

Message 1 of 9
Professor

Re: Receiver (GenieGO) No wireless internet connection.

Do you have an HR44 or 34 behind the access card door.

Message 2 of 9
Tutor

HR44

Message 3 of 9
Professor

Try setting up the network again but selected restore defaults before connecting to the network.

Message 4 of 9
Expert
Solution
Accepted by Anonymous
Accepted by Anonymous
‎04-01-2015 4:53 AM

Remove MAC filtering for the time being. Connect the HR44 to the internet as usual.  Go to you routers DHCP table and get the MAC address of the genie from there.  Use that MAC address instead of the one from the INFO screen.  Enabled MAC filtering again

Tags (1)
Message 5 of 9
Tutor

I did a restore defaults, didn't work.

I disabled MAC filtering and I was able to connect to the internet just fine.  However, when I went to the DHCP table and got that MAC address and re-enabled MAC filtering, the internet connection no longer worked.  It gave me an option to run a test and it gave me back Diagnostic Code: 71-73-94-042, 3 tests failed.  1. Cannot detect Internet, 2. Cannot detect network or phone dial tone, 3. Cannot detect wireless network

Message 6 of 9
Expert

You need to use the MAC found on your router, not the one found on the Genie INFO page

Message 7 of 9
Tutor

As stated in my previous response, I did get the MAC found on the router.  As a double check, I just went back into router settings and it was set to "Prevent listed computer...", so I clicked the option to "Permit listed computers...", and now I am able to connect my DirecTV GenieGO to the internet!

Thank you very much for all of your help.  I am now up and working! Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 9
Expert

Awesome.  Thanks for the update.

Message 9 of 9
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support