R15/500 DVR recored shows blacking out?

Scholar

R15/500 DVR recored shows blacking out?

We have a R-15/500, and lately when we watch a recorded show, towards the end, the video blacks out, but the audio is still playing. Any ideas? :smileyconfused:

Message 1 of 4 (595 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: R15/500 DVR recored shows blacking out?

First thing to try is resetting the DVR using the red button behind the front panel access card door.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4 (76 Views)
Scholar

Ok, and if that doesn't work? :smileycool:

Message 3 of 4 (76 Views)
ACE - Expert

If the reset doesn't help, then I think you'll need to replace the DVR. There were posts like this several months ago with this problem, you might try searching here, but I think the only sure fire fix was DVR replacement.  Keep us posted.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 4 (76 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the DIRECTV DVR & Receivers boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Is your service down? Click here to chat with us!

Additional Support