Program Guide Freezes Genie HR 34

Tutor

Program Guide Freezes Genie HR 34

After few minutes on the program guide it freezes up for a couple of minutes and after I wait it works. What could cause this problem?

Message 1 of 6
ACE - Expert

Re: Program Guide Freezes Genie HR 34

Have you tried resetting the HR34 using the red button behind the front panel access card door?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 6
ACE - Expert

Re: Program  Guide Freezes Genie HR 34

There is a known software issue on the HR34 that causes this I have experienced it also). It's believed that recent beta releases of the software fix the problem but I have no idea when the fix will be in a national software release.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 6

I'm still having this issue and DTV still says its a software problem they are aware of it.

WHEN will it be fixed??

Message 4 of 6
ACE - Expert

Should be fixed in the next software update.  Don't know when that will be.

Message 5 of 6
Teacher

I saw some previous posts, and I had my doubts about this fix.  But I just completed resetting my HR34 4 times in a row.  The first time I just unplugged and plugged back in.  2 thru 4 I used the RESET option on the settings menu.   Then I did a re-authorize from the directv web page because some channels in the guide were greyed out.  Now my HR34 is acting perfect, just like the day it was new.   We will see if the HR34 slows back down as time goes on, but for now I am happy.  Just waiting for the guide to re-populate.

Message 6 of 6
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the DIRECTV DVR & Receivers boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Is your service down? Click here to chat with us!

Additional Support