Problems with the Directv genie C31 clients

Tutor

Problems with the Directv genie C31 clients

I just had DTV set up Monday the 29th , I have  3 C31 clients with one HR34 Genie setup,

Today when i started up one of the clients all I get is a white screen , I then went to the main HR34 to check if it was showing any clients and it wasn't , Then i reset the HR34 then the clients started back up OK. Later in the afternoon i went back to the TV with the client and the same thing happened  got the white screen, so I called the DTV installer and he told me to reset the HR34 and then put in the code 02468 as soon as it said hello on the screen, Then it went through the reset process and the clients came back on. everything is fine for now i will log back on here later to give an update on if this fixed the problem or not.

Thank You

Message 1 of 51 (5,656 Views)
Expert

Re: Problems with the Directv genie C31 clients

If this occurs again try doing a red button reset on the HR34 plus all the clients.

Message 2 of 51 (187 Views)
Contributor

This has been happening to me since I got the Genie system three weeks ago. I have had numerous technicians come out and replace the client receiver. I am resetting my receivers 4-5 times a day. Directv will do nothing for us. After paying almost $400 for the new system you think they would do something for us. Directv says no one other than me is having issues and they aren't aware of technical problems with the Genie system. If you are reading this do not get the Genie. It is an inferior product and doesn't work properly. Don't pay all the money for it.
Message 3 of 51 (187 Views)
Employee

Quote: Originally Posted by johnbadrov 
. If you are reading this do not get the Genie. It is an inferior product and doesn't work properly. Don't pay all the money for it.

I have to strongly disagree with you. I have had the Genie for a couple of months now, and it works flawlessly.  to all readers, this a great product by far.  This just goes to show how DirecTV is leading on the competition!!!.   Perhaps if you start a fresh thread, we can try to see what is going on with your system.

I am a DirecTV installer.  I post on these forums as a volunteer and as such, my views, comments, and opinions are my own and not necessarily those of DirecTV 

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 51 (187 Views)
Tutor

After I reset my main receiver I haven't had any trouble with the C31 clients , If you try to reset your receiver , flip down the door on your receiver and push in the red button on the receiver after you see the hello on the screen put in this code 02468 and it should start downloading a new version of firmware and then your clients should work properly after it resets.

I hope this can help someone. 

Message 5 of 51 (187 Views)
Tutor

I am having the same problem with my Client. I had my new service installed last sunday, and woke up Friday morning with a white screen with my client. I have 1 receiver and 1 client. When I called for support they only had me unplug and reset my client. They never asked me to reset my main receiver. Instead i have to wait until Tuesday for a technician to come out to my house. Will this code 02468 work on my receiver also?

Message 6 of 51 (187 Views)
Employee

Quote: Originally Posted by eaajah 

Will this code 02468 work on my receiver also?

Absolutely no!  is never a good idea to force a software download to any receiver. at best you will get the same copy of the software you already have making this useless, at worse you can get BETA software that can brick your receiver.

I am a DirecTV installer.  I post on these forums as a volunteer and as such, my views, comments, and opinions are my own and not necessarily those of DirecTV 

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 7 of 51 (188 Views)
Tutor

If you have the new Genie HR34 this should work

Message 8 of 51 (188 Views)
Employee

Quote: Originally Posted by fritoman 

If you have the new Genie HR34 this should work

wrong.  see post #7

Employee Contributor*
Message 9 of 51 (188 Views)
Tutor

I don't want anyone to Brick there receiver but this firmware I put in my receiver was new and I don't no why it wasn't used when my service was installed    

Message 10 of 51 (188 Views)
Employee

the receivers always says "new" software, even if its downloading the same version, or a BETA version.  not recommended.  

Employee Contributor*
Message 11 of 51 (188 Views)
Tutor

My installer told me this problem was happening with all of his installs DTV should no this problem by now , 

Message 12 of 51 (188 Views)
Tutor

Resetting all of the clients and the DVR will not solve this problem , I know because i tried it this is the only fix 

Message 13 of 51 (188 Views)
Contributor

Okay. So if this isn't true why did I just have the third technician call in less than two weeks today. Again did nothing but replace the client receiver. Also, to the dirextv installer on this thead, if this isn't true then why did the technician that came today say that more than a few people are having this issue. Also, he called in and was told to force the download on the Genie receiver. Either way, if you are a Directv technician, this shows that a new product from dirextv should not be bought for at least 6 months after release date if at all. All technicians are not familiar with the product and yet still come up with ways to fix it.

I am skeptical that my problem is fixed but I will reply to this thread if the screen goes white again.
Message 14 of 51 (188 Views)
Tutor

So I guess i should just wait for technician then? i  just want my new Client to work.. now I have to wait until tuesday and miss work also just to be here, so they can fix it.  

Message 15 of 51 (188 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the DIRECTV DVR & Receivers boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Is your service down? Click here to chat with us!

Additional Support