Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Pixelation

Mentor

Pixelation

I have been experiencing pixelation for several months on all of my Genies. It lasts only a couple of seconds, but it happens frequently enough to be annoying.  The various techs have replaced the LNB, wiring, and main Genie.  It hasn't helped.  I live in California, where the sky is usually clear.  Any ideas before I call for another fruitless service call?

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 204
Mentor

Re: Pixelation

trying to watch cbs college basketball.  pixelation like crazy.  chatted with directv.  csr what's to schedule a service call.  i point him to this thread and say that's a waste of time and money.  he checked thread (so he said).  has escalated the ticket without a service call.  that's progress.  

i can't cut the cord, just yet.  the streaming services dvr's are quite where i want them.  and there's the sunday ticket during football season.  although between ps vue and hulu i can get all the content i want.  i just hate trading off my internet bandwidth to watch tv...

let's keep pixelation complaints in this thread, it's helpful for reference.

Best,

jeff

Message 106 of 204
Mentor

I will be doing the same as you.  AT&T has really blown it.  I only wish that I knew just how widespread the pixelation problem is.

Message 107 of 204
Mentor

I'm with you. I'm looking for another provider, such as Dish.

Message 108 of 204
Mentor

Has anyone tried the DISH Network?  I wonder if they are experiencing the same pixelation problem?

Message 109 of 204
Highlighted
Mentor

I’ve been looking at dish forums.not seeing pixelation comments.

there are pq differences. 

Message 110 of 204
Mentor

What is a "pq" difference?  I looked at various reviews of Dish on several websites.  Seems a lot of comments regarding billing and customer service.  Hard to know what to believe.  What website were you looking at?

Message 111 of 204
Mentor

Pq is picture quality. 

Message 112 of 204
Mentor

Ok. Thanks

Message 113 of 204
Mentor

The Super bowl has been crap for me.same old song. Anyone elsd have this. Almost unwatchable. 

Message 114 of 204
Mentor

Constant freezing and/or pixelization now. I shut it off and listened in radio. This is the final straw for me. 

Message 115 of 204
Mentor

I've had it with the pixelation!!!  I've been researching the Dish Network, and I've decided to switch.  Not so sure if it's for you though, as Direct Tv has more sports channels.  I'm into movies, and I'm frustrated with the pixelation.

Message 116 of 204
Mentor

I've found out that Dish uses a different satellite than AT&T, and since I'm convinced it's a signal problem, I'm switching over asap.  Wish me luck!

Message 117 of 204
ACE - Expert

Of course you will not see the pixelation!  Dish is a completely different system.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 118 of 204
Mentor

In zip code 94550, we’ve had no pixelation during the super bowl. I’m convinced it’s a bit rate issue. 

Please report back back how I like dish.

Message 119 of 204
Mentor

I did a test tnite after the Super Bowl. Same program broadcast on the dvr and mini client. Watching simultaneously, there was only pixelation on the mini client, not the dvr. It was a live broadcast. Any ideas? There are other times where I have pixelization the dvr. 

Message 120 of 204
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support