Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Picture freezes frequently for a few seconds

Contributor

Picture freezes frequently for a few seconds

I upgraded to Genie 2 a few months ago. I have the Genie2 - model HS17-100 and two Genie minis - model C61W-700. Since the install, I have had problems with the picture freezing for 2-3 seconds when ever it wants to. It doesn't matter the channel selected or if it is a recording. sometimes it will do it 5 or 6 times in an hour program. I was watching a program that I was recording & it froze up. I backed up the recording & it didn't record the freeze-up. I have called tech support 3 times and ran through their checklists to no avail. All 3 times I was told that the problem was being elevated up to someone higher and that I would receive an e-mail confirming this. I have yet to receive an e-mail addressing my problem. I did contact DTV on Facebook and a social media rep called me. He sent out a tech, who checked it out. He reset the software in the system and said to give that a try. He gave me his phone # and said to call if that didn't work. Well I have called him & called the social media rep and no calls in return. This is so aggravating that you pay good money and a lot of it for lousy service.  I never had any problems before the upgrade and of course, you can't switch back. I hate to switch back to Dish (my only other choice where I live), but come January if I still have these problems, well, we will see.

Message 1 of 2
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

Re: Picture freezes frequently for a few seconds

All too common issue with the HS17.  Lots of posts here about it.  That box simply isn't ready for prime time.  Some folks have successfully negotiated "downgrading" to the more reliable HR54 Genie DVR.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 2
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support