Pause not working on Genie client

Tutor

Pause not working on Genie client

WE just had Genie and 1 client installed to replace our former setup. Everything appears to be working fine except the pause on the client. When I press pause I get the time bar and the pause symbol appears but it does not pause. This is true for both live and recorded playback.

I Don't want to spend hours on pho phone trying to get help. Someone please tell me what I need to do to get the unit working. Thanks!

Message 1 of 9
ACE - Expert

Re: Pause not working on Genie client

First thing to try is resetting BOTH the Genie DVR and the Genie Client (red reset button behind access card door).

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 9
Tutor

I already have reset with no effect on the pause.

Message 3 of 9
Expert

Try again.  Reset the Genie, and as it's rebooting, reset the Client.  You'll get a searching message and then it will connect.

Message 4 of 9
Tutor

You've been very helpful. Resetting again appears to have solved the problem. 

Now I need to figure out how to set my ZIP code so I'll get the right local weather display...

Message 5 of 9
Employee

Go to "my cities" and enter yoru zip code there.  this will get your local weather
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 6 of 9
ACE - Expert

Glad to help.  Please mark your question as "answered".  Thanks!

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 7 of 9

I constantly have this problem when watching recordings on my genie client.  As well as sometimes it just stops when fast forwarding and I have to stop fast forwarding and wait a few minutes and then I can fast forward again.

Rebooting fixes both of these problems, but I have had both of these problems frequently in the last few months of my genie client.  It is very annoying.

Message 8 of 9
Expert

When you fast forward on a Client, the actual advance occurs in the Genie.  Consequently the Client appears to be "pokey" when in actuality it's simply awaiting the signals to travel back and forth from the Genie.  A soft had will usually produce the desired results so maybe try not "pushing" the Client and see if you get better results.

Message 9 of 9
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the DIRECTV DVR & Receivers boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Is your service down? Click here to chat with us!

Additional Support