Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Over payment

Contributor

Over payment

I over paid Direct TV with two checks and when I ask for my money back in a check, they refused s check and said that they have to issue a bank card for my $240 over payment. They would not get my call to anyone to help but said that is our policy and hung up. I want a check because I do not want to be caught up with trying to spend the exact amount and leave change. Then they told me that it would be more than six weeks to send it.  I paid them on time every time but they are holding my money as to when they want to disperse and how. I am looking for a higher authority to resolve  I don’t want to lose money by stopping payment 

Message 1 of 4
ACE - Expert

Re: Over payment

You won't find any "higher authorities" via this forum.  What you were told is just the way they do things.  They're quick to take your money, but slow to refund anything.  

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4
Contributor

I have their cell now since 1993. I have tried quite a few other products and none have had the quality that I thought their name stood for in the past. They should stick to cell phones. I got out of the home phone long ago because the said two weeks on a service call.  Now I am spending money to get out of a contract because the Genie2 isn’t a stable product.  It goes offline every time it rains, snows or wind blows. I am not willing to pay for something that do not work as promised.

Message 3 of 4
ACE - Expert

Though the Genie-2 is a work in progress, weather should not cause the box itself to go offline. That would indicate your dish that may need to be realigned and/or secured better if minor weather is affecting it. As it is the dish in the weather, not the Genie-2 itself.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support