Online program guide lists To Be Announced

Contributor

Online program guide lists To Be Announced

This problem started on 10 August.  Instead of the 14 days I normally see in the online program guide, from 8/22 on I only see the words "To Be Announced".  The guide has not updated since Friday.

I Have 2 HD DVR receivers -- an HR22-100 and an HR 23-700.  I am experiencing this problem on both receivers.  I'm receiving a good sat signal.  I have had no disruptions in power or audio/video due to severe weather or any other causes.  I did a receiver restart pushing the red button on one of the receivers to see if that would download the newest part of the guide but it did not work.

I see others in this forum have posted about seeing this problem but I haven't read anything as a possible solution that I haven't tried already.

I would appreciate any suggestions or ideas any of you have that would help resolve this issue.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 9 (6,571 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: Online program guide lists To Be Announced

You can force the DVR to rebuilt its Guide data base by resetting the DVR twice within 30-minutes.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 9 (957 Views)
Employee

Do 2 red button resets in a 30 minute window.  That is, do a reset then when the receiver boots to a live picture, do a second reset.  This will scratch the current guide data and build a new from scratch.   It will take 24 hours for the new one to build, any schedule shows will still record

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 9 (957 Views)
Contributor

I tried this on the HR 23-700 receiver and when the guide was rebuilt it still read To Be Announced from 8/22 forward.

Message 4 of 9 (957 Views)
ACE - Expert

It can take several hours for the Guide Data to rebuild.  Be patient.  And 8/22 is 10-days away, so your Guide Data is actually pretty complete. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 9 (957 Views)
Employee
Solution
‎08-12-2013 1:59 PM

yup, 10 days is about the norm.  the HDDVR holds UP TO 14 days of guide data.  notice the "UP TO"...

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 6 of 9 (957 Views)
Expert

I'm with Peds48, good guide data for 10 days is the norm, not a problem.

Message 7 of 9 (957 Views)
Tutor

Have you run a System Test? Could be an error 41 and the cabling needs to be replaced

Message 8 of 9 (957 Views)
Tutor

or is it still at 10 day out? if so so then I would think you are good

Message 9 of 9 (957 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the DIRECTV DVR & Receivers boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Is your service down? Click here to chat with us!

Additional Support