On Demand recording to DVR not working from DirecTV.com

Scholar

On Demand recording to DVR not working from DirecTV.com

I tried to record an episode On Demand Ch 1265 to my HD DVR using the DirecTV Guide. I've done this in the past.

Today I tried and it returned this error:

/

You do not have any eligible receivers to record or add to your queue.

This is not correct because my DVR is working fine and I can record the same episode on the same channel using the on screen TV guide. I am logged into my account online.

A month or 2 ago I had a similar issue trying to record from NBC On Demand. This time it's A&E on demand. I haven't tried other channels on demand recording from directv.com today.

Message 1 of 39
Scholar

Re: On Demand recording to DVR not working from DirecTV.com

Also today on NBC On Demand I got the same error. It wouldn't record an episode.

I have tried reauthorizing my HD DVR receiver
https://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/mydirectv/mysystem/mySystemResendAuthorization.jsp

Message 2 of 39
Scholar

Reauthorizing the receiver had no effect on the problem.

Message 3 of 39
Scholar

I called this in and they tried renaming my HD DVR and a red-button reset.  Both didn't work. 

Then they told me that this is a known issue and that DirecTV is working on it.  

The problem exists using my PC on DirecTV.com.  I tested recording the same On Demand free TV show using the DirecTV app on my Android mobile phone.  I received a record confirmation on the phone's screen and about 5 minutes later I can see that the DVR is recording the episode.  After this mobile app success, using the web site on PC didn't change...I still get the error.

Can anyone else please try to go to DirecTV.com on a PC, search for an On Demand TV show (free), and attempt to record to see if this  is an issue systemwide?  Thanks. 

Message 4 of 39
Scholar

I'm still getting this error today when trying to Record TV On Demand from DirecTV.com on a computer:  

You do not have any eligible receivers to record or add to your queue.

Message 5 of 39
Expert

Post the name of the program you're attempting to link and I'll give it a try.  I just tried Raid: The Redemption and it instantly began recording on my Genie.

https://www.directv.com/movies/The-Raid-Redemption-c3AwL2dianpUTk1CVG5WQVRqcXJUZz09?primaryCta=onDemand&lpos=

Message 6 of 39
Scholar

I have tried the following as tests:

The Biggest Loser

Southie Rules

After The First 48

Message 7 of 39
Expert

I just ran The Biggest Loser and took the first episode offered.  It took maybe 10 seconds for it to pop up on my Genie.  How about renewing your Internet connection at the DVR?  The specific moves required is dependent on how your DVR is connected to the router.

Message 8 of 39
Scholar

Thanks for checking. I am able to get the same programs to record on the same DVR and Router with my Android DirecTV App, which would indicate to me that the local connection between my internet network and DVR is working but that there is something wrong with DirecTV.com when viewed on PC or how DirecTV.com is seeing my account settings. When using the Android app, the show doesn't start to record on my DVR in 10 seconds....it takes a little longer, but it works, which is fine. When I use the Android App, be, after I first hit Record on the search results it then shows me a screen with DVR Settings, showing my Receiver's name/location in the menu (below that there is just test that says "To record this title you need an HD DVR with internet connection" ) with the Green Record button at bottom. After I cilick the Green button, it goes through. I believe the Android App is all working normally. I assume you used a computer and DirecTV.com in a browser to test,

Message 9 of 39
Expert

I was running IE10 on a PC. I understand re the Android, but my experience tells me the problem is in your configuration somewhere. Resetting the DVR is an easy try.  You can force Directv to reset your access on all systems by opening your account and changing your password.  Wait a day or two then change it back.  The system will send the password changes to all of it's servers.

Message 10 of 39
Scholar

Thanks for the advice.  I have changed my DirecTV password using Chrome on my PC.

Message 11 of 39
Scholar

Update (for documenting what I've done): After changing my password, I restarted my Android phone and then started the DirecTV app. I searched for a show to record and my phone app showed my receiver automatically and confirmed the record request, without my having to put a password into the Android app. Note that the Android phone is currently on WIFI on the same network (and Sprint Airave on the same network) as DVR. I'll try it with phone WiFi off and Airave turned off, too. Note also that the PC is on the same router via WiFi as the DVR is on.

After taking the Android phone off WiFi and turned off the Airave, so that the phone is on 3G only and not on the LAN, then rebooted the phone and went into the DireTV App and was again able to search for and record a show. It had my DVR. It hasn't asked for a password...perhaps I'd have to uninstall and reinstall DirecTV app to have it prompt for password, but since it works ok on Android, I'll just leave it for now.

Website behavior hasn't changed.

Message 12 of 39
Expert

You are running duplicate threads and thus causing us who are trying to help to run duplicates as well.  I suggest you shut this one down and concentrate of the other thread.

Message 13 of 39
Scholar

I changed the password back on  DirecTV.com.  I then tried to record an On Demand show from my PC but got the same "no eligible receivers" error message. 

Message 14 of 39
Scholar

This problem still exists on my account.

Message 15 of 39
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the DIRECTV DVR & Receivers boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Is your service down? Click here to chat with us!

Additional Support