Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Not supported mode on hdmi

Employee

Not supported mode on hdmi

My tv all of the sudden displays not supported mode on my tv connected to an hr44 genie
*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 1 of 9
ACE - Expert

Re: Not supported mode on hdmi

Perhaps you set the HR44 video output resolutions to a format that your HDTV doesn't support?  For example, some TVs don't support the 1080p format used for some PPV and OnDemand movies. So check the HR44's output resolution choices.  

You might also verify that the HDMI cable is connected properly, or try a different cable.  

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 9
Employee

How do I change the resolution if nothing is displayed on tv
*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 9
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author Employee
Accepted by Daboyz22
‎12-15-2016 5:25 PM

Have you tried resetting the HR44 using the red button behind the front panel access card door?  Do you see any of the startup menus on your HDTV?   You can also cycle the various resolutions using the front panel RES button. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 9
ACE - Expert

Menu > Settings & Help > Settings > Display > Resolutions

You also have a Resolution button (RES) on the front of the receiver if it is the HR44 you mentioned. (HR54 removed front panel controls).

If nothing at all shows, besides tv error message, reconnect the HDMI cord on both the HR44 and tv side, verify tv is set to correct input and red button reset genie (behind access card door). You may need to reset the tv by unplugging it for at least 15 seconds. If available try another HDIM cord, and another HDMI port if your tv has one. Some things to try to see if the issue is the tv, the Genie, or the HDMI cord inbetween.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
Message 5 of 9
Contributor

No not helpfull at all. I was told by a DTV Service Technician to chance to component connections. I did this and it worked if you want to watch the picture without sound. Then the Technician said to unplug the HDMI cable then plug it back in. That this was what I had to do, It is now working that way. It is not the fix it's just an inconvenient bandage to get me by. I want the real fix soon!!   

Message 6 of 9
ACE - Expert

@Geodel, Component Video cables only provide video, not audio.  You also need to connect analog or digital audio cables from the DVR/Receiver to your TV.  The TV's Component Video Input should have adjacent Audio Inputs.  

Message 7 of 9
ACE - Expert

Does your TV have the latest software?

Message 8 of 9
Contributor

so i had this happen.  my fiance found out after an hour of working and messing the RES got changed from 1080 to 480.  Our TV is set to 1080.  give it a try and see if it helps you out.

Message 9 of 9
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support