Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Not able to add pin on “client” TV

Not able to add pin on “client” TV

I received a replacement receiver for a client TV. I have the pin # displayed on main TV (server). The client TV has on screen Enter Pin and there are four boxes in corner with first box highlighted. I understand that the pin from server is to be entered there; however, nothing I do will allow me to enter the numbers. The remote works. What am I missing or how can I get the pin entered? TIA 

Message 1 of 6
ACE - Professor

Re: Not able to add pin on “client” TV

So you left the pin number on the screen correct? Or did you exit the pin screen before going to the mini to enter?  Try setting the remote to rf by pressing and holding mute and ENTER not select but ENTER until you see the on screen message that your remote is now setup for rf, it should then Allow you to enter the pin number. Enter is under the number 9

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 6

Yes.. left pin # on main screen. After I submitted my initial email I shut everything down for the night. I started everything back up this morning. I have a new pin#; however, now the client server won’t stay on and TV has black screen with “No signal”.

I’ve unplugged everything and replugged. The blue screen  with Hello your receiver is starting up from Directv comes up, then “this will take a few minutes”, then “running receiver self-check” then receiver power goes off and TV shows the black screen with “no signal”. Thanks, in advance, for your additional help.

Message 3 of 6
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Expert (ACE - Expert)
Accepted by litzdog911
‎09-17-2019 9:11 AM

Please disregard previous 9/17 message. I figured it out. I had to reset remote by pressing and holding Mute & Select. LED flashed twice. Then entered 981. Waited for green light to flash and then got another new pin# from main server, got back to screen to enter pin, then was able to set up RF on remote. Now back to business. 🙂 Thanks for getting me pointed in the right direction.

Tags (1)
Message 4 of 6

I had left the pin # on the screen.
Message 5 of 6
ACE - Professor

You're welcome and I did get the impression you were leaving it on the pin screen as you indicated I just wanted to make sure. Glad you got it working.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 6
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support