No satellite signal (771)

Tutor

No satellite signal (771)

My receiver has been searching for satellite signal for days, I have reset it a few times from the box and I have also refreshed it through the website. I have no idea what else to do. I refuse to call customer service on my day off from being a call center employee for another company, please help!

Message 1 of 40
Mentor

Re: No satellite signal (771)

hey, What type of box do you have....can you please provide the receiver model located behind the flip down door on the front right button side of the receiver....and how many receivers you have and how many are affected?

Message 2 of 40
Tutor

D12MP-500

Only 1 box

Message 3 of 40
Mentor

ok well try this

• Run System Test: Press and hold Info on the remote. 
  • Depending on the receiver model, select: 
    1. "System Info" and then "System Test" 
    2. Run the system test.  

Press Select  once.   Be careful not to press Select twice quickly in a row or the test may hang there or cancel out.  

and tell me what it shows.

Message 4 of 40
Tutor

Satellite dish alignment problem

Which makes no sense......

Message 5 of 40
Mentor

what was the result on the turner?

If it says ''ok'' then check that all the cables are in good condicion and tight and if that does not work then call dtv for a service call.

If you get ''OK. Signal under 60'' Then do the same thing as in the first opinion.

If you get ''Failed on one or more tuner(s).'' then call Dtv to have the receiver replaced due to defective receiver.

Hope this helps.

Message 6 of 40
Employee

Why would it not make sense.?  is the D12 your only receiver?

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 7 of 40
Expert

It makes perfect sense.  The receiver is searching because the dish is out of alignment.

Message 8 of 40
Employee

100% agree!!!

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 9 of 40
Tutor

There is nothing blocking the dish, and the dish hasn't moved. Makes no sense to me because it has worked for years in the same spot with no issues and nothing blocking it.

Message 10 of 40
Tutor

Thank you dragon83, it worked!

Message 11 of 40
Teacher

I'm having the same issues - what was the solution to this did you have to wait on a technician?

Message 12 of 40
Expert

The original poster in this thread had a misaligned dish and was reluctant to schedule a tech to correct the issue.  You'd be well served to begin  your own fresh thread and describe your problem in detail.

Message 13 of 40
Teacher

double check switch settings in satellite setup. verify good signal on all sats

Message 14 of 40
Teacher

i get the same 771,   but it comes and goes.  i check the signal level,  sometimes transponder 6 tuner 3 goes to 0.  any suggested?

Message 15 of 40
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the DIRECTV DVR & Receivers boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Is your service down? Click here to chat with us!

Additional Support