Explore & discover

Helpful Links

New USB OTA Tuner Release Date? Will get my missing 30 Local channels

Teacher

New USB OTA Tuner Release Date? Will get my missing 30 Local channels

LCC PEG.jpgLocal OTA Option.jpg

Here is Proof that the LCC Local Channel Connector is being rolled out.  Some do in fact have them.  Here is one still new in a box.  Also for some markets Directv will offer you a $10 discount.

Myself I am missing a lot of Free Over the Air OTA diginet channels with a lot of good content on them like my Favs like Starr Trek, Star Gate, Space 1999 and more.
Channels like METV, COZI, H&I . PBS 2 3 and 4, COMET, and many more are not on the sat, but with this new LCC you can get them all.

The old AM-21 is long since gone and this replaces it.

Looks like Directv has been testing it for Half a year now.  Dish Network has has one that looks just like it.

QUESTION:  when can other cities order one?  When is the release date?

Message 1 of 9
ACE - Expert

Re: New USB OTA Tuner Release Date? Will get my missing 30 Local channels

Nobody here knows when the national release date is, or when it might be available from dealers like Solid Signal.  

Currently only available in Salt Lake City and Las Vegas. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 9
ACE - Expert

Lots of us are interested in the Local Channel Connector (LCC) for getting additional sub-channels in our areas. No launch date yet, just in the Las Vegas and Salt Lake City markets for now.

They do have a FAQ page for those currently testing it. Would probably update as test markets expand or whenever the full launch happens. www.directv.com/lcc

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 9
Teacher

Just Found out some other cities were  added, 

BUT

Only if that city is missing one of the big 4 stations due to a dispute.  For those they get it for free right now, if you threaten to cancel over the missing NBC, CBS, Fox, or ABC

There are not very many cities missing a channel due to a dispute.

Message 4 of 9
Teacher

We are coming up on the One year mark since they started testing this in some markets.

When will they expand it so others can get their missing local channels?

Before the ATT merger Directv would let all the CE testers also test it early, now it seems to be a closed test.

DIsh Network has one of these, I would think Directv would want one on the market also, there are dozen of local channels everyone is missing out there all free.

Message 5 of 9
ACE - Expert

@scottchcez wrote:

We are coming up on the One year mark since they started testing this in some markets.

When will they expand it so others can get their missing local channels?

Before the ATT merger Directv would let all the CE testers also test it early, now it seems to be a closed test.

DIsh Network has one of these, I would think Directv would want one on the market also, there are dozen of local channels everyone is missing out there all free.

I saw a post yesterday from an AT&T/DirecTV employee that said they're about to release the LCC broadly. We shall see. 

Message 6 of 9
Tutor

If you are in a market with a big 4 channel dispute you can call in and get a free LCC USB OTA tuner.

The part number in their system is

LCCR0X-38"

or

DT P/N 216010

The system will only let your order it if your missing a major local due to a dispute.

Message 7 of 9
Highlighted
Contributor

I am in Dallas and my HR44 is showing MeTv, Buzzr, AntennaTV, Cozy, etc with program information, but Local Channel Connector not detected.  

ota3.jpg

Message 8 of 9
ACE - Expert

@Provasek , do you have a Local Channel Connector connected to your HR44 or HR54's USB port?

Message 9 of 9
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support