Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Re: New TV will not connect to Directv

Teacher

New TV will not connect to Directv

Received a new Insignia Roku Smart TV for Christmas.  When we went to hook it up, it will not connect to the Genie Directv using the hdmi cable.  Keep receiving the message : Satellite Tv , no signal (are you on? ). Why will it not connect?  We did check the hdmi cable and it is good.

Message 1 of 16
ACE - Expert

Try different HDMI Inputs on your TV.

Genie is powered ON, right?

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 16
Teacher

Have tried all three hdmi ports and get the same message.
Message 3 of 16
ACE - Expert

Is the TV set for HDMI input?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 16
ACE - Expert

Well, that message is coming from your TV.  I'm surprised that it would use the same message regardless of which HDMI connection you're using.  How does it know that it's the "satellite TV"?

Message 5 of 16
Teacher

It's named Satellite TV (HDMI2). I have no problem connecting to anything
else like Netflix, Comedy Central, etc. It will not connect to Directv, It
will let me get Directv NOW, however I do not want that, I just want my
regular Directv.
Message 6 of 16
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

What are the other HDMI Inputs names?  Have you tried those also?

Also, what model Genie do you have?

Message 7 of 16
Teacher

The names are HDMI1 and HDMI3. We have tried all three HDMI ports. Our
main dvr receiver is a Genie Gen 2, and we have two Genie minis. The one
we are trying to connect to is a genie mini. Our acct # is ***.

[Edited for privacy. This is a public forum. Please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Message 8 of 16
ACE - Expert

What Mini Genie model numbers?

Is the other Mini Genie working OK?  If so, try connecting that Mini Genie to this TV and see what happens.  

Message 9 of 16
Teacher

The mini genie model # is C51-500

Yes, we tried the second genie mini and got the same thing, no connection.
Message 10 of 16
ACE - Master

make sure you are changing to the hdmi port, not tryin to use an rvu funtions

consult the tv manual

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything below the is a signature :
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
Message 11 of 16
ACE - Expert

I both Mini Genies have this problem on that TV, then it certainly points to a problem with that TV.  Not sure what else to suggest. 

Message 12 of 16
Scholar

Just as a last resort, is there a setting in the TV menu to turn off auto selection of input? Or something like that? That way you can set the input manually.  The NETFLIX and Comedy channels you are able to select sound like Smart TV internet connections that have nothing to do with the HDMI inputs on the TV.  Do you have any other devices plugged in to the HDMI ports, i.e. Firestick, etc?

Message 13 of 16
Teacher
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Expert (ACE - Expert)
Accepted by litzdog911
‎12-31-2017 9:37 AM

Thank you for all your suggestions, but we found the problem to be a bad
HDMI cable.
Tags (1)
Message 14 of 16
ACE - Expert

@necedah, thanks for the follow up.  Of course, your first post stated that you had verified that the HDMI cable was good.  Glad you figured it out after all.  

Message 15 of 16
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support