Explore & discover

Helpful Links

New Genie Mini Specs

Tutor

New Genie Mini Specs

What are the specs on the newest Genie Mini?  How much storage space does the main receiver have?  If you have 3 wireless mini's, does it use a lot of bandwidth?  Where can I find the technical specs of the system(s)?

Thanks,

CDJr

Message 1 of 8
ACE - Expert

Re: New Genie Mini Specs

The C41W the only wireless mini model made has been out for a few years now and with its WVB sets up a separate WiFi network that only they can use so it is not known how much bandwidth it uses.

All Genies have 2TB hard drives.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 8
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by CDJr52
‎07-05-2017 7:12 AM

Genie (HR34/HR44/HR54) has 1TB HDD. HR44 and up adds in the wireless CCK built in and uses the new RC7X series of remotes (commonly referred to as the Genie Remote). HR54 and up removes the phone jack (not to be confused with the Ethernet port) and front panel controls. Also much better processor, sleeker design, and better cooling than the original HR34 when the Genie was introduced. These 3 models, the first Genie line, can only use up to 3 Clients at the same time regardless of model.

The Genie-2 (HS17) in beta testing has 2TB HDD

C41-W the only wireless Mini Genie Client and does not use your internet bandwidth. It connects to the wireless video bridge (HS17 has WVB built in) which is a proprietary wireless network to connect the wireless Mini to the coax to communicate with the Genie.

C61K is the "newest" Mini Genie and has the specs to meet the HDMI 2.0 requirement for 4K. The HR54 Genie was too far into production when HDMI 2.0 became the 4K standard so it was easier to take the C61 and make the C61K.

Solidsignal has a great PDF overview of the capabilities and specs of the HS17. Unlike the prior system it can allow up to two 4K tuners at the same time instead of only one tv being able to enjoy 4K at a time. It is a client only system so does not work with any existing receivers, just Mini Genie Clients. With the 2TB HDD it is the same total recording space as the original Genie line and 2 HDDVRs, but 2 less tuners (7 instead of 9).

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 8
ACE - Expert

@shannon02

Genies have 1TB HDD

Genie-2 HS17 has the 2TB

Message 4 of 8
Tutor

Thanks!

Message 5 of 8

is there a link for the specs to the most recent Genies?   i need to verify connections, etc.

Message 6 of 8
ACE - Expert

The HS17 Genie2 has no external connections as it doesn't connect to any TV it only has an Ethernet jack, only the minis are connected to TVs.

Message 7 of 8
ACE - Expert

@merlin88merlin wrote:

is there a link for the specs to the most recent Genies?   i need to verify connections, etc.

All boxes now connect by HDMI

The most recent Genies are the HR44 and HR54. The HR44 has traditional A/V output ports. The HR54 has an A/V output that uses a single plug dongle to feed the traditional A/V inputs on a TV.

The HR54 is only guaranteed if you are doing a 4K upgrade as it is the only regular Genie that supports the 4K Client (C61K) which requires the 4K TV to have HDMI 2.0 with HDCP 2.2 and 60 FPS, and is DirecTV install.

The Genie-2 (HS17) is the newest system. As mentioned earlier, solid signal has a very good pdf overview. However this system is not recommended. It is a server tower that sits by itself, not connected to any TV. It feeds Clients on each TV instead. This system's 7 tuners is a hard cap as it forbids everything but Clients on the account. Also has some post launch bugs.

The C41W was the first and only wireless model of Mini Genie Client. There has been a C61W seen recently, but haven't found any hard info on it so unsure if in beta testing or just so recently launched that info hasn't caught up about it.

As a note all Genie systems and their connected Clients, except the 1st gen HR34, are receiving the new GUI update. The HR44 is the very last box made with a phone jack, but the new GUI dropped the menu option for Caller ID on TV as very old unsupported software (though the background software hasn't fully been removed yet for some).

If you need more specific info than that, please explain what exactly you are checking so we can better answer.

Message 8 of 8
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support