Explore & discover

Helpful Links

New Directv GUI - ATTROCIOUS DISASTER! - Are you kidding me?

Anonymous
Not applicable

New Directv GUI - ATTROCIOUS DISASTER! - Are you kidding me?

*** WHO DESIGNED BETTER YET APPROVED THE NEW DIRECTV GUI MENUS THAT APPEARED ON MY DVRS TODAY?

because they need to be fired!

WOW Directv???? You couldnt come up with anything better than that BLAND DISMAL ATTROCIOUS design of a menu?

Thank you for ruining my TV experience. Not joking! Not happy either!

Good Work !

Message 70 of 7,603
Scholar

Re: The new user interface is horrible

I also had trouble with Directv crediting me for the return of my equipment when I left for Dish earlier this year.

I took the equipment to UPS and they boxed it up and gave me a receipt. It took over 2 months from when Directv acknowledged receipt of the equipment to getting a refund. Even after originally acknowledging they received it and I had a receipt, they said they had no record of receiving the equipment. They transferred me around to various departments before I got to someone who appeared to know what they were doing. However, he said he'd need to get back to me after researching it.  I never heard back from him, but I got my credit later that week.

Message 7591 of 7,603
Scholar

When you fail miserably to satisfy your customers ... no surprise here,

https://thestreamable.com/news/report-att-consider-parting-with-directv

Message 7592 of 7,603
ACE - Expert

@GmaHrn wrote:

When you fail miserably to satisfy your customers ... no surprise here,

https://thestreamable.com/news/report-att-consider-parting-with-directv

This would probably be a good thing for DirecTV.

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 7593 of 7,603
Scholar

I certainly hope, for the sake of current DIrect TV subscribers, that the winding down of the service transforms DTV into something that does justice to a once premium product regardless of who owns it. There are still a lot of people who depend on it and don't realize the back story. Even though I left, it still stings when I read news like this having been a customer for over 20 years. 

Message 7594 of 7,603
Tutor

how can you possible mark this as solved.  Punting and purchasing a different DVR and "hoping" the UI doesnt

change is not a solution!

Message 7595 of 7,603
Tutor

The only way one could say this interface problem is solved is to say that  AT&T- Directv don't give a   flip  

about customer satisfaction or service.    Did they  hire the guy who came up with "new coca-cola"?

Message 7596 of 7,603
Tutor

Re: Long list of problems with new guide (UI)

So Tim, you ask the person to check settings, info, Genie info, but I didn't see any discussion one she listed her data.  Let me take this opportunity too list my data and maybe I can find out how it's relative to all the dislikes we have at the new, not su new now, GUI.

I have:

HR44/200

software is: 0x95612ad8, Wed 11/6r

Is this an older receiver?  Are there any benefits in getting a newer receiver?  It seems the software is up to date.  One of my biggest gripes with the new GUI is this evil Last Chance deal.  It takes the liberty in erasing your recordings just becasue you are running low on space.  There seems to be no rhyme or reason as to what it choses to erase.  Yes, I found a way to prevent it from happening but you must remember to go9 to Last Chance every single day to save this slated for erasure.  I succeeded in disabling this feature for a white but it just started back top on its on after a few weeks.  The complaints I have are endless with this GUI.  It didn't need fixing.  Everything takes so much long to do.  What kind of redesign is that?

Message 7597 of 7,603
Tutor

Oh my god.  Are we living in Victorian England?  Before I could submit my last message I had to clean it up.  *****  Give me a break.

[word filter avoidance]

Message 7598 of 7,603
Scholar

They made it very clear they would not be updating the HR-24 GUI many different times over the past 2 years. This has been a solution others have resorted to. Her problem was solved however the overall issues that have plagued Directv customers over the last several years have not totally disappeared  ... not the least of these being adequate customer service and a company that has announced they wish to pick the bones of satellite clientele to transition them to streaming which is already presenting itself to be in line with the current cost of sat service. 

Message 7599 of 7,603
Scholar

"Which is  already presenting to be in line with current cost of sat
service"???  Only if you stick with AT&T.  A bit of investigation, and
scrutinizing other vendors will get you all you want for a lot less. 
It's still streaming, which is a change in mindset, but as long as you
get what you want, who cares?
Message 7600 of 7,603
Scholar

Yes that is true but Directv customers should be aware of it.

As I have previously discussed in length there are much better deals in streaming. I left Directv some months ago and have been with YouTube TV most of that time. What I have discovered is a different mindset when now considering how I watch content. It's not about the money I save but about the money spent getting the content I want. I supplant YouTube TV with content from Amazon Prime (I am a Prime member), Netflix and other services which I buy on a monthly basis when a series I want to watch is complete. Services such as HBO, CBS All Access, Starz, Apple TV, upcoming Disney+, Showtime, Epix and PBS. Because I rotate them my cost for them runs about $15/mth. With YouTube Tv @$50 that runs me $65/mth. I also have OTA TiVo's with lifetime subscriptions giving me local channels thus I have a lot of flexibility in what I choose for streaming. Of course, there are original outlays for hardware ... streaming devices Roku/Firestick & TiVo's but if you keep up on sales that outlay is not such that in a year you have made up that cost with what you have saved from leaving DTV or the like.

In the end it's to each his or her own. There are trade offs no matter which way one goes. For me, I like the freedom of month to month and personalizing my content.

Message 7601 of 7,603
ACE - Expert

It sure is nice to have broadband, there still places that don't have internet or limited service.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 7602 of 7,603
Scholar

@shannon02 

Yes it is. Having lived in one of those places you speak of for over 30 years I certainly appreciate the value satellite TV has played. It was not necessary for you to be snarky. However as new ways of acquiring broadband are introduced, low orbit satellites which are beginning to take shape, more people will have options. And since the Federal Government is allocating more resources to fund projects allocated to bringing broadband to rural areas this will also provide some improvement. The addition of 5G (limited range) and ASTC 3 OTA down the road shows promise to fill other gaps. Then cable/fiber is still being expanded in some areas as well. Even though this can not include everyone, it never hurts to have information and there are those who do have Internet access, or may get it relatively soon, who may not understand they have other choices. 

Message 7603 of 7,603
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support