Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Impacted by the government shutdown? AT&T can help.  Learn more

New Directv GUI - ATTROCIOUS DISASTER! - Are you kidding me?

Anonymous
Not applicable

New Directv GUI - ATTROCIOUS DISASTER! - Are you kidding me?

*** WHO DESIGNED BETTER YET APPROVED THE NEW DIRECTV GUI MENUS THAT APPEARED ON MY DVRS TODAY?

because they need to be fired!

WOW Directv???? You couldnt come up with anything better than that BLAND DISMAL ATTROCIOUS design of a menu?

Thank you for ruining my TV experience. Not joking! Not happy either!

Good Work !

Message 70 of 7,192
Contributor

Re: New Directv GUI - ATTROCIOUS DISASTER! - Are you kidding me?

I have people in my household that CANNOT READ the new guide.  The font is so small and in horrible contrast against the dark background that it is creating a major issue. 

How do I switch back to the original guide so that can SEE THE TEXT THAT IS ON THE MENU???

Message 121 of 7,192
ACE - Expert

@metro31 wrote:

I have people in my household that CANNOT READ the new guide.  The font is so small and in horrible contrast against the dark background that it is creating a major issue. 

How do I switch back to the original guide so that can SEE THE TEXT THAT IS ON THE MENU???

@metro31, as stated here several times, there's no going back.  I provided a link earlier to a guide at Solid Signal that describes the GUI changes and new features.  You'll have to get used to it, or switch service providers.  

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 122 of 7,192

Program format changed

Is there a way to revert back from the latest format update?  My Dad has macular degeneration and is nearly blind (82 years old).  He can get around the menus because he's familiar with where they are.  He's so frustrated now cause he can't find anything since this update. Can I somehow get him to the old layout?  Otherwise this just won't work for him.

Message 123 of 7,192
ACE - Professor

Re: Program format changed

Unfortunately , no, that would have to be done by the enengineering department IF they decide to, but more than likely that WON'T happen 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 124 of 7,192
ACE - Expert

There's no way to go back.  

Message 125 of 7,192
Tutor

We called Tech support and they are sending out a technician to hopefully change it back to old format tomorrow! 

Message 126 of 7,192
ACE - Professor

Sending a tech out is a complete waste of time,  the tech WON'T be able to change it back

Message 127 of 7,192
ACE - Master

you can get an hr24, or try for an hr34 genie

they ddid not get the new menus

warning. they are slow receivers, and older models

you would have to find them yourself, maybe a local retailer would have some old stock

cost would be between you and the retailer

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything below the is a signature :
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
Message 128 of 7,192
Tutor

Guide font change after update

Since the most recent update, the look of the guide and list changed on our Genie and the clients. Is there any way to increase the font size? It is quite difficult to see.

Message 129 of 7,192
Tutor

Re: Guide font change after update

With the latest update the font and colors have changed.  It is very hard to see; light grey on dark grey, small font, etc

.  Is there a way to return to the prior format?

Message 130 of 7,192
ACE - Expert

Re: Guide font change after update

Nope, no way to go back.  More info about the new user interface here ....

http://blog.solidsignal.com/content.php/7212-BREAKING-NEWS-DIRECTV-Rolls-Out-New-User-Interface-For-...

Message 131 of 7,192
Scholar

On top of all this I now have a nasty delay when selecting, deleting, or viewing programs in my recorded list. 

Message 132 of 7,192
Tutor

The new MENU is horrible!!!  The list of issues we have with this FAIL of a design is lengthy!

MySports is gone.

The coloring is hard on your eyes.  The font is ridiculously small, even on a 70 inch TV.

The navigation is probably the biggest disappointment!  Actions that took one or two clicks now take 5 to 7 steps and then you might not even get the results you were expecting.  

I want to launch my remote across the room I am so frustrated with the poor design of the MENU.

PLEASE, give us back the previous format!!!!

Message 133 of 7,192
ACE - Expert

No-one here , no tech nor anyone in Customer Seervice can change this.  I'm not sure anyone in engineering can change it eithere without marketing telling them to.  Suggst you use chat to tell DirecTV what you think about it.

Message 134 of 7,192
ACE - Expert

Or their facebook/twitter page.

Message 135 of 7,192
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support