Explore & discover

Helpful Links

New Directv GUI - ATTROCIOUS DISASTER! - Are you kidding me?

Anonymous
Not applicable

New Directv GUI - ATTROCIOUS DISASTER! - Are you kidding me?

*** WHO DESIGNED BETTER YET APPROVED THE NEW DIRECTV GUI MENUS THAT APPEARED ON MY DVRS TODAY?

because they need to be fired!

WOW Directv???? You couldnt come up with anything better than that BLAND DISMAL ATTROCIOUS design of a menu?

Thank you for ruining my TV experience. Not joking! Not happy either!

Good Work !

Message 70 of 7,399
Tutor

Re: New Directv GUI - ATTROCIOUS DISASTER! - Are you kidding me?

100% agree. The main reason I've stuck with HD TV is two:: Sports and the guide. 

It use to be in two clicks I could see the games for the night.
I have clue how to that.

Never mind the over all guide is not as good. The old list was more compact and easier to read. The info bottom now pops up text so small I'll need to buy a bigger TV if I ever want to read it. Some of  us never got into the big TV thing!

Message 106 of 7,399
Teacher

THE background color is too light,the font is too small, the channels & show description do not stand out, the “improved” look is very difficult to read!!!

The new Tv Guide menu IS NOT AN IMPROVEMENT, it’s terrible!!!

The old look worked fine!!!!

Message 107 of 7,399
ACE - Expert

Re: Guide font size

No way to change the size.  

Learn more about the new user interface here ...

http://blog.solidsignal.com/content.php/7212-BREAKING-NEWS-DIRECTV-Rolls-Out-New-User-Interface-For-...

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 108 of 7,399
ACE - Professor

Re: How Can I Change My Menus Back To Previous Version.

@Viking2, don't bother tech support as they can do absolutely nothing to fix it,  they have no control over new software or user interfaces 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (2)
Message 109 of 7,399
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same problem - I can't read the stupid menu anymore and we are not longer able to change the fonts or colors.

Message 110 of 7,399
ACE - Expert

@Anonymous, how were you able to change the fonts and colors with the old user interface?

Message 111 of 7,399
Teacher

Been a subscriber for sixteen years I can't believe what a mess the new format is. ATT you blew it! A simple format has been replaced by an unreadable,un-user friendly experience. ATT leave direct tv alone

Message 112 of 7,399
Mentor

I just spoke with a DirectTV rep to vent my frustrations with the new menu format. The spokesperson mentioned there is no way to go back to the way the menu was displayed prior to the software update performed yesterday. It is what it is.
Message 113 of 7,399
Anonymous
Not applicable

Honestly, I really can't remember. It was on an older receiver.
Message 114 of 7,399
Teacher

Another user who thinks the new GUI is horrible, and so does my wife. It used to be easy to delete a recorded show that we didn't want to watch, and the display is now incredibly SLOWWWW... I signed up to this group simply so I could vent my feelings about the change, and now I'm off to call DirecTV.

I suggest everyone else do the same - they should at least change it so we can CHOOSE which GUI we prefer.

Message 115 of 7,399
Teacher

"We are experiencing higher than normal call volumes" - yeah, no kidding.

Message 116 of 7,399
Mentor

I hope you have better results in convincing the service rep at DirectTV to take action to revert the menu format to pre update. I did mention to the person I spoke with to expect more calls from dissatisfied customers. Good luck.
Message 117 of 7,399
ACE - Master

@Sandfisher wrote:
I hope you have better results in convincing the service rep at DirectTV to take action to revert the menu format to pre update. I did mention to the person I spoke with to expect more calls from dissatisfied customers. Good luck.

the rep cant do anything, other than log your complaint

a new software version would need to be pushed to change the gui

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything below the is a signature :
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
Message 118 of 7,399
Teacher

Woke up on Wed. Nov. 1 and saw this on my mini first then the Genie, terrible, no warning just there, contacted DTV via chat and was assured there was no new screen. Said they would send out a tech. to fix my issues. No tech. no call. I the did a chat today Thurs. Nov. 2,  I really complained, no denial of new screen, I said I couldn't read it (60" TV)  First chat person said oh just change the resolution.  The second chat went better I was told they were going to have tech. service change my receiver back to the old menu

they are going to send me an Email once its done and will take up to 24 hours to change. I will see, also:would encourage everyone who doesn't  like new guide to contact Directv customer support and ask to have old one put back. I questioned as to why we weren't informed about the change and there was not reply on this they dropped to ball big time.  New guide not thought out to well - they didn't even tell anyone how to use. I am a techie  and found it hard to get around on. Head should roll.

Message 119 of 7,399
ACE - Master

@Bbouch wrote:

The second chat went better I was told they were going to have tech. service change my receiver back to the old menu

they are going to send me an Email once its done and will take up to 24 hours to change. I will see, also:would encourage everyone who doesn't  like new guide to contact Directv customer support and ask to have old one put back. I questioned as to why we weren't informed about the change and there was not reply on this they dropped to ball big time.  New guide not thought out to well - they didn't even tell anyone how to use. I am a techie  and found it hard to get around on. Head should roll.

the old guide cannot be put back, not possible without a software change from directv

a tech cant change it.

this has been talked about for a long time

att wants all thier services to look the same, regardless of platform

this is just a first step

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything below the is a signature :
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
Message 120 of 7,399
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support