Explore & discover

Helpful Links

New Directv GUI - ATTROCIOUS DISASTER! - Are you kidding me?

Anonymous
Not applicable

New Directv GUI - ATTROCIOUS DISASTER! - Are you kidding me?

*** WHO DESIGNED BETTER YET APPROVED THE NEW DIRECTV GUI MENUS THAT APPEARED ON MY DVRS TODAY?

because they need to be fired!

WOW Directv???? You couldnt come up with anything better than that BLAND DISMAL ATTROCIOUS design of a menu?

Thank you for ruining my TV experience. Not joking! Not happy either!

Good Work !

Message 70 of 7,566
Mentor

Re: New Directv GUI - ATTROCIOUS DISASTER! - Are you kidding me?

I find it hard to believe DirectTV found it necessary to make a change. I am struggling to find how the change made the menu better than the old. To make change for the sake of making change is mind boggling.

Signed,
Really disappointed customer. You are sure making it easy for me to consider alternative choices.
Message 91 of 7,566
Teacher

I can't add my favorite sports teams. 1203 is "unavailable". And it'll take me multiple clicks to get to my list of upcoming games, when it used to take 2. Lucky they are the only way to get out of market NFL games or I'd be gone (and they know this)

Message 92 of 7,566
Mentor

Have you tried to delete a show in your recordings after viewing it? One needs an owners manual to do so now, when in the past selecting the back button to bring up a menu to delete the show required only one move. I don’t get it.
Message 93 of 7,566
Teacher

Re: How Can I Change My Menus Back To Previous Version.

Agree - new menu horrible - like the old one much better

Tags (2)
Message 94 of 7,566
Teacher

Agree - new menu is horrible

Tags (2)
Message 95 of 7,566
Teacher

They need to fix this ASAP

Message 96 of 7,566
ACE - Expert

This is a customer to customer forum so be sure to send this to DTV as they don't really read these posts

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 97 of 7,566
ACE - Expert

This is a customer to customer forum so be sure to send this to DTV as they don't really read these posts.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 98 of 7,566
Teacher

Re: Guide font size

Great question. The Nov 1 change makes the font much harder to read . 

Message 99 of 7,566
ACE - Expert

Re: New Guide Font isn't HD worthy...blurry text that runs together and cant even see channel logo's

This is a customer to customer forum so be sure to send this to DTV as they don't really read these posts.

Message 100 of 7,566
Teacher

Been sitting on hold with tech support for over 30 minutes. They must be inundated with complaints about this debacle. The writing on this "enhanced" guide is so small I have to get close to the screen to read it. Defeats the purpose of having Directv. 

Message 101 of 7,566
Mentor

Thank you. I will certainly follow your suggestion.
Message 102 of 7,566
Teacher

It is much worse. The font is now unreadable in a large room  and no option to change it. And the recordings list is much clumsier to use.

Message 103 of 7,566
ACE - Expert

@tae111 only the HR44/54/HS17 Genies are getting the new guide so HR24s and below will stay the same.

Message 104 of 7,566
Mentor

Unfortunately I have the model HR44-200 receiver.
Message 105 of 7,566
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support