Explore & discover

Helpful Links

New Directv GUI - ATTROCIOUS DISASTER! - Are you kidding me?

Anonymous
Not applicable

New Directv GUI - ATTROCIOUS DISASTER! - Are you kidding me?

*** WHO DESIGNED BETTER YET APPROVED THE NEW DIRECTV GUI MENUS THAT APPEARED ON MY DVRS TODAY?

because they need to be fired!

WOW Directv???? You couldnt come up with anything better than that BLAND DISMAL ATTROCIOUS design of a menu?

Thank you for ruining my TV experience. Not joking! Not happy either!

Good Work !

Message 70 of 7,566
Scholar

Re: The new user interface is horrible

Tim , all due respect , Clients of DirecTV are playing CLIENTS , not the Product you can sell the eyeballs of to yet another party or further your own earning with PPV advertising.

We are PAYING DirecTV an exorbitant amount of money to your company to  DELIVER the content from Broadcasters to us the end customer.

DirecTV is NOT an advertiser supported service , I demand an "Opt OUT" of any advertising being inserted above and beyond the adverts from the Broadcasters signals you are acting as a conduit to deliver.

This is an immoral abuse of the agreement I have with DirecTV to DELIVER the content to me , not manipulate that content and ADD to it in a way I cannot control or mute.

Get your priorities straight , FIX the GUI and don't put resources into areas that are NOT wanted by the customers , what customers DO want though is a GUI that at least works as well as the one that got taken away.... Ridiculous miss management of a project

brad 

Message 7381 of 7,566

@bradoz7 

I think we need a separate thread on this topic of pause/full motion video ads, even if it ultimately will fall on deaf ears, we should let Directv/ATT know that these kind of ads will be a bridge too far.

Message 7382 of 7,566
ACE - Expert

@bradoz7 wrote:

Tim , all due respect , Clients of DirecTV are playing CLIENTS , not the Product you can sell the eyeballs of to yet another party or further your own earning with PPV advertising.

We are PAYING DirecTV an exorbitant amount of money to your company to  DELIVER the content from Broadcasters to us the end customer.

DirecTV is NOT an advertiser supported service , I demand an "Opt OUT" of any advertising being inserted above and beyond the adverts from the Broadcasters signals you are acting as a conduit to deliver.

Ever purchase a magazine or newspaper?  Did it have ads?

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 7383 of 7,566
Scholar

That was part of the business plan for a paper or magazine.

How would you like it if advertising was inserted into a BOOK that you paid for ?

Message 7384 of 7,566
ACE - Expert

@bradoz7 wrote:

That was part of the business plan for a paper or magazine.

How would you like it if advertising was inserted into a BOOK that you paid for ?

It appears that it's part of DTV's business plan as well.  I have many paperback books that I have paid for that have advertising in it.  Fortunately, so far, it has all been at the end of the book.  Not saying I like advertisements, I'm just saying that things are not always black and white.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 7385 of 7,566
Explorer

I can't resist.

AT&T (in their best Darth Vader voice)

"We are changing the agreement, Pray we do not change it more."

(They have the death star as their logo).

I suspect whatever improves profits.  I was under the impression they bought direct TV to give

them more leverage when renegotiating agreements with the content providers (for web based or Uverse),

not so much to provide excellent satellite service.

Message 7386 of 7,566
Scholar

Spoiler

Wasn't part of that promissory to lower prices to consumers or maybe that was just Time Warner ... it's hard to keep track of the spin.

Message 7387 of 7,566
Mentor

Genie HR44-700 with 0x114b – 01/15/2019 04:20 am

(“2017 NEW Format”)

DVR HD24-100 with b9c – 01/23/xxxx 3:50 am

(thank goodness – “2011 NewHD Format” as it was called).

State: NH (For rollout purposes)

=================================================

litzdog911 (ACE – Expert),

(ACE – Expert) of what ?!?!

Anyone having error code 771 ?

We started having this problem yesterday (03/07/2019)

I reset the Genie once and picture returned with no problems.

Today, we were watching live TV and switched to DVR for a short time.

Switching back to live TV, we received error code 771 again.

We reset the Genie twice and still had error code 771.

We left the TV on and finally received live TV correctly.

Picture quality is GREAT (when we get it) !!!

We hope this is not part of AT&T / DirecTV downward spiral !!!

Message 7388 of 7,566
Employee

@mike3805, a 771 error code (searching for satellite signal) is not related to the graphical user interface. 771/SFSS relates to an issue with the proper reception of your satellite signal and has various causes (incorrectly aligned dish or line of sight issues to name a couple). It may be helpful to start a new thread with your symptoms and the equipment you have so more people can view this issue and assist.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 7389 of 7,566
Mentor

(“2017 NEW Format”)

Response to:

Cstarman922 Employee Mar 8, 2019 5:01 AM     Post: 7,389

Yes, I realize “Error Code: 771” has to do with satellite signal.

My Post:7,388, is asking the question, “Is this MORE (not maintaining satellite function) of AT&T / DirecTV downward spiral of delivering TV service ?!?!”

I believe EVERYONE on this forum would much rather NOT be on this forum !!!

In my other posts, I have mentioned, trying to solve our problem of a dysfunctional customer GUI, I have gone as far as “Office of the President”.

The common problem I have found with EVERY AT&T / DirecTV employee is they ALL acknowledge customers are complaining – BUT – “AT&T / DirecTV will NOT be going back to a functioning GUI” (which is what we ALL want & need to enjoy our TV viewing once again) !!!    ALL AT&T / DirecTV employees are in compete denial of how serious this problem is – OR – The OLD GUI would have been rolled back within a month (11/2018).

Again, I am an “Old Guy” with over 40 years of computer development & support.  With my customers, I do not care what they want, I give it to them !!!   One of my customers was a payroll manager for The Bank of Boston.  He told me I was the ONLY computer contractor that gave him what he wanted & needed. 

Another project was to make an insurance report “readable” (actually, it was as bad as our current DirecTV GUI).  Anyway, when complete, a few senior managers called me to their office and shut the door (Oh, dear, what did I do now ?!?!).  They said they had no idea this report could be so good. 

I (we) expect ALL reports to be clear & easy to use (including our DirecTV GUI) !!!

No matter what your business is, this is EVERY employee’s job, to make things BETTER (improvements), to grow our business.

Message 7390 of 7,566
Mentor

In addition to what you've written about the GUI and acknowledging that we are complaining, let me add this bit. One of my chief complaints has been that since the purchase of DirectTV by AT&T, customer support has gone from being able to get problem resolution over the phone by highly qualified and knowledgeable staff, to calling in and getting someone who is reading troubleshooting from some form of knowledge data base. If I wanted a book reader, I would ask for one. And now the final straw that is breaking my back is this, price hikes on my bill every month for the last 4 months. All that said, I am finally leaving after 20 years. What you said is obviously clear, They Don't Care.  I would venture to say that most of us "complainers" are not a part of the younger generation. I am retired and kinda set in my ways. I do not like, want or need streaming services. I have no desire to be watching TV unless I am sitting in front of it. You see it all of the time at restaurants, at airports, in cars, or wherever, so many people are glued to their devices watching streamed video. No sir, not for me.

So, where will I go for service? I'm not sure yet. I'm looking around. The options are few in my case. I live in the middle of nowhere, so an antenna is out of the question. I'll figure it out. One thing for certain, I'm leaving this disaster.
Message 7391 of 7,566
Scholar

This is what they intend for sat.

DIRECTV NOW Will Reportedly Raise its Price $10 a Month Next Week & Launch 2 New Packages

Message 7392 of 7,566
Mentor

(“2017 NEW Format”)

A DirecTV technician did come to our house to investigate our “Error Code: 771”.

Our DirecTV system is 10 years old and our satellite signal was a little low.  With some adjustments, we are back in service.

The very senior (I am glad we have a good one) technician did say that this error could happen to everyone for about 15 minutes a day in the Spring & Fall because of the alignment of the satellite & Sun.

http://www.intelsat.com/tools-resources/library/satellite-101/satellite-sun-interference/  

Message 7393 of 7,566
Mentor

So now we see further proof of the deterioration of the formerly successful (pre-ATT takeover) business model: https://www.businessinsider.com/atts-pay-tv-business-got-clobbered-in-the-fourth-quarter-of-2018-201...
Message 7394 of 7,566
Scholar

tejas101  As I said when ar&t took over DTV.  At&t have no business being in the TV market.  Sort of funny how they still have their supporters even here that back up and defend what this company is doing and there are so many people say just the opposite as the outlook for DTV.  Look at dtv NOW.  It did not even get a good start and already people say it is dying a rather quick death.  Numbers don't lie.  Now they have a new service starting up and they think it is going to save them.  My guess it crash and burns just as quick as their other tv adventures.  Look at this thread for example.. 
Message 7395 of 7,566
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support