Explore & discover

Helpful Links

New Directv GUI - ATTROCIOUS DISASTER! - Are you kidding me?

Anonymous
Not applicable

New Directv GUI - ATTROCIOUS DISASTER! - Are you kidding me?

*** WHO DESIGNED BETTER YET APPROVED THE NEW DIRECTV GUI MENUS THAT APPEARED ON MY DVRS TODAY?

because they need to be fired!

WOW Directv???? You couldnt come up with anything better than that BLAND DISMAL ATTROCIOUS design of a menu?

Thank you for ruining my TV experience. Not joking! Not happy either!

Good Work !

Message 70 of 7,594
Scholar

Re: The new user interface is horrible

@Johnny2toes 

umm ... Dish is better than DTV? 

Message 7351 of 7,594
Mentor

Just took a survey that ATT sent me. Really let them have it. Not that I think they will give a hoot about the comments I left. At least it gave me a chance to vent.
Message 7352 of 7,594
Scholar

Johnny2toes  I will bet that was fun.
Message 7353 of 7,594
Tutor

I no longer believe AT&T has any intention of fixing the interface.

Message 7354 of 7,594
ACE - Expert

@Ripley50 wrote:

I no longer believe AT&T has any intention of fixing the interface.

Of course not. They don't consider it "broken".  Best case they'll keep making some incremental improvements. 

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 7355 of 7,594
Scholar

Now the screensaver, instead of showing pictures right away, shows advertising for the latest VOD Movies. It eventually goes to pictures, but not before the advertisements. 

And I am still on 114b so nothing changed there.

Edited for correction: it, too, appears broken. It showed me (I think) 4 movie posters, then a few pictures, then it went back to the screen I have paused. And they STILL have the black bar on the bottom of the pictures which will cause burn in. Imagine that, a screensaver of all things—the very thing that’s supposed to PREVENT burn in—is now capable of causing it. Only here, folks! Only AT&T! 

Message 7356 of 7,594
Scholar

Yep--just started seeing the advertisements on the screensaver today. And try this--go to the guide and type in channel 287--I'm now seeing 5 ads in a row that take up the entire guide.

Wow--they are spending their time on advertising rather than fixing the progress bar and other GUI improvements. No wonder everyone hates AT&T.

Message 7357 of 7,594
Scholar

I see what you mean @imaref .

Baffling and an assault on the eyes. You go from scanning this dull grey guide to bright neon colors. 

Message 7358 of 7,594
Scholar

Well , I guess it'a becoming clearer what AT&T's real intent was now bring back the screensaver again and again after overwhelming outcry that we didn't want it and then why they were so resistant to placing any option to turn it OFF.

Time, this is just past the point of silly here , give us a fully functional GUI with no bugs and options to turn OFF any new "features" your designers put in , we are PAYING customers , this is NOT an advertising supported service !

How dare AT&T hiJack the platform and put adverts and screensavers instead of what we are paying for on the platform.

Truly insulting to the customer Tim !

bradoz7

Message 7359 of 7,594
Mentor

When I'm in a situation where I know the screen saver will become active for a length of time, I simply turn off my TV while leaving the receiver on. Programming paused, no damage to my TV, nor to my senses. Problem solved.
Message 7360 of 7,594
Scholar

So your solution to something that’s not working is not fix it, but don’t use it? 

Message 7361 of 7,594
Mentor

It's glaringly apparent, at least to me, that ATT doesn't really give a fig about satellite customers. As others have said, the goal is to do away with satellite and go forward with streaming. I'm done with ATT. Finally. I had them for cell and internet and after years of fighting with them about this that or the other, I dumped them as a provider. I now have a better cell provider, better faster internet and will soon leave satellite. I was one of the greatest shills for Direct TV back in the day. But now? Nope. Where I live, there isn't much to choose from, just Dish and Charter, and over the air antenna nets virtually nothing. As for all of the streaming providers, they offer nothing that appeals to me. I'll do my research and find a solution that fits my needs. I only watch a few hours of TV each day so its not like I live for it. I'm retired and have many and varied interests that occupy the majority of my time.
Message 7362 of 7,594
Scholar

"So your solution to something that’s not working is not fix it, but
don’t use it? "

Makes more sense than endless complaints.

Message 7363 of 7,594
Mentor

Exactly
Message 7364 of 7,594
Scholar

Hulu has or is adding advertising when people pause a DVR show. You can run but you can't hide.

Message 7365 of 7,594
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support