Explore & discover

Helpful Links

New Directv GUI - ATTROCIOUS DISASTER! - Are you kidding me?

Anonymous
Not applicable

New Directv GUI - ATTROCIOUS DISASTER! - Are you kidding me?

*** WHO DESIGNED BETTER YET APPROVED THE NEW DIRECTV GUI MENUS THAT APPEARED ON MY DVRS TODAY?

because they need to be fired!

WOW Directv???? You couldnt come up with anything better than that BLAND DISMAL ATTROCIOUS design of a menu?

Thank you for ruining my TV experience. Not joking! Not happy either!

Good Work !

Message 70 of 7,399

Re: New Directv GUI - ATTROCIOUS DISASTER! - Are you kidding me?

per the multiple people today ATAT / DIRECTV has been getting bombarded with complaints about this and i've been told my multiple reps that they're working on getting the old guide back

Message 136 of 7,399
ACE - Expert

Good luck getting the old Guide back.  DirecTV went through a similar outcry when the changed the GUI several years ago.  Now they're going through it again.  I think the best we can hope for are some quick changes to make the new GUI more usable.  

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 137 of 7,399

this is the new standard reply they have "Hence we have escalated the issue to our network team and we are working to bring back the old guide."

Message 138 of 7,399
Mentor

The reply I received read, “I will add you to the email notification and soon you will get the notification regarding the resolution to your problem”. I am frankly giving this tech rep the benefit of the doubt and I am expecting the tech rep to follow through with the commitment this person made. Stay tuned.
Message 139 of 7,399
Tutor

I couldn't agree more new guide is terrible, please return the old one, wish i hadn't upgraded to the new 4k genie

Message 140 of 7,399

new Menu design

the new design on there menu is not user friendly for the Elderly. the numbers are way to "Small" and the back ground colors you have to choose from are terriable, Black, Grey, Dark Grey come on here. we have been with Direct for many years and have been really Happy. but this move was the worst thing they ever did I think! for the People out there having trouble seeing the T.V. its going to be even harder now. I would give anything for them to make the switch back to the old menu. but that will probley never happen?

Message 141 of 7,399
Anonymous
Not applicable

--- just to clarify ATTROCIOUS (purposely mispelled (ATT)ROCIOUS!

Message 142 of 7,399
ACE - Expert

Re: new Menu design

Be sure to send this to DTV or post on their facebook/twitter page. This is a customer to customer forum AT&T/DTV rarely read these posts.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 143 of 7,399
Scholar

Thankfully they didn't put the update through for the HR24 receivers. I just use my HR24 to view the guide and watch it on my HR44. I wonder if the nitwit bothered to view the old guide  and the new one side by side before they decided to downgrade the system.

Message 144 of 7,399
Anonymous
Not applicable

My on demand stations took 24 hours+ to load. Regardless, this menu is hideous and I also hate the remote.  I was able to switch back to my old remote - the only thing it doesn't support is the soundbar.

Message 145 of 7,399
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree, the delays in using ANY of the buttons are ridiculous the forward & back buttons are stupidly slow. And, you can't read the  menu. I'm going to request the old software so maybe I'll get the old guide back - I don't have much faith that is going to happen! (I was informed I used a "bad" word above so resorted to {edited for word filter evasion})

Message 146 of 7,399
Scholar

Hello mr bogus baxter (apologies for the splitting up of the name but the only way it would allow me to reply is this way), Unless there is a gigantic revolt the new GUI/UI will stay.  I suspect that this is an attempt to start unifying the AT&T experience across all devices throughout their corporation's TV broadcasting companies.  As far as I know/guess this is the way it will be but some changes around the edges (tweeks) could still occur.  One thing many corporations take into account is the $$$$$$$$$$  gained or lost!!!!  I believe that AT&T has around 20 million DirecTV customers.  It would be interesting to see if up to 10% or more actually left.  As the numbers of customers leave increase past a certain unknown point what would AT&T's/DirecTV's response be?  All of this is speculation and supposition on my part as I am just another lowly AT&T/DirecTV customer.  I have older equipment and am usually asked if I want to upgrade.  From my perspective I feel overall that it is a downgrade to my current system's capabilities.  The only minor plus thing would be 4k.  I could do that with a client but it would involve another 2 year contract.  To me this seems very much like the movie "My Cousin Vinny".  The scene is where Vinny is trying to collect the $ 200.00 owed to his girlfriend.  The choices are get his butt kicked or the $ 200.00 but it is rolled up in the guy's hand with only a $ 20.00 showing as Vinny suspects that the rest of the bills are $ 1.00's.  He choses to leave and then he will try to collect the debt another time.  Stay or leave.  This is a choice that all AT&T/DirecTV customers will eventually have to make.  For now I am staying but I have some older equipment not subject to the new GUI/UI which helped me to adapt to the new GUI/UI.  I agree that the GUI/UI could have been much better and there are myriad customers very upset as well as being vocal plus vociferously/vehemently  typing (not verbal noise unless it is a click type keyboard) but how many will leave in the next few years?  Stay tuned!  A Chinese saying "may you live in interesting times".  We are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 147 of 7,399

My thoughts exactly!!

Message 148 of 7,399

I feel the exact same way!!

I refuse to continue being a customer if this isn't fixed soon..

What a joke,who would  approve this?

I complained and hope more out there are doing so as well as us..

Message 149 of 7,399
ACE - Expert

So the plot thickens ....

I've seen some reports in other DirecTV forums that some folks have gotten a software update on their Genies that rolls back to the old GUI .... version 0x0FEE.  

Message 150 of 7,399
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support