Explore & discover

Helpful Links

New Directv GUI - ATTROCIOUS DISASTER! - Are you kidding me?

Anonymous
Not applicable

New Directv GUI - ATTROCIOUS DISASTER! - Are you kidding me?

*** WHO DESIGNED BETTER YET APPROVED THE NEW DIRECTV GUI MENUS THAT APPEARED ON MY DVRS TODAY?

because they need to be fired!

WOW Directv???? You couldnt come up with anything better than that BLAND DISMAL ATTROCIOUS design of a menu?

Thank you for ruining my TV experience. Not joking! Not happy either!

Good Work !

Message 70 of 7,580
ACE - Master

Re: The new user interface is horrible

@Since1996 wrote:

@mdram4x4

I am in a rural area with limited internet and too far from any city to get anything with an outside antenna.  My only choices are the two satellite services, one of which has disappointed me after 23 years of being a loyal customer.

John (AT&T Test Dummy)

im in the same boat.  i would go back to dish, but after the last time i just cant, at least not yet

if you get a cell signal at home, verizon has a prepaid unlimited jetpack, its $65 a month with autopay

it will deprioritize, but thats not usually an issue if your rural, as most rural towers are not congested

been using it for a few months and its really nice

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything below the is a signature :
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 7441 of 7,580
Scholar

Ah, I couldn't figure out what 'DTN' meant, now I know...  Smiley Happy

Message 7442 of 7,580
Scholar

@Since1996 

That not what GmaHrn post said in post 7430

Message 7443 of 7,580
Mentor

I have been waiting almost a year for someone who works on this software to actually start using it. I can't believe that any of the developers use the dvr to record or watch shows. I really don't like the progress bar, it's blocking the score area while you ff or rewind. It's (finally) baseball season and I can't see the inning and I absolutely can't see the arrow that shows if it's the top or bottom of the inning. 

20190402_193549.jpg

Please move this bar by making it less wide and please also make it transparent. I don't read the ticker but on financial channels that's the most important thing on the screen. 

Message 7444 of 7,580
Scholar

@hoss713 

Apologies, you are of course right. It's CW. Too many evaluations cloud the brain. *D* I think still has a way to link in OTA which could solve that issue. I feel uncomfortable locking in a 2 year contract though with the upheaval in streaming and changes coming with OTA ATSC 3. Repacking channels in our area is starting in June through the fall. It seems worth waiting to see how things settle and in the interim try to get antennas working.

Message 7445 of 7,580
Scholar

I was a Dish customer for years.   Due to a really strange reason I
won't elaborate on, I changed from DirecTv to Dish in the late 90s,
stayed with them until Uverse became available in my neighborhood, then
started back with DirecTv when we relocated. I'm an AT&T
employee/retiree, so you would think there would be a discount - which
there finally is, THREE YEARS after I subscribed.  Through all that
time, I maintained a rooftop antenna to pick up channels none of the
providers carried - particularly, the multiple subchannels of the local
PBS affiliate, which carry lots of programming we like to watch.  Right
now, with our Tivo, we watch all of the national broadcast channels
(ABC, NBC, CBS, etc.) through the Tivo because it has the capability to
skip channels automatically.

With or without a connection to my DirecTv box, my antenna will always
be there.  If the new version of the DirecTv antenna connection is as
bad as the old, I figure I'm better off without it anyway.

Message 7446 of 7,580
Scholar

@GmaHrn 

Apologies, you are of course right. It's CW.

CW is available on Dish Network. It's considered a local channel so doesn't show up in their main channel listing chart, but you can find it if you search for 'dish network cw channel'

Message 7447 of 7,580
Scholar

Thanks. I was aware of that. Unfortunately it's not part of my local lineup with *D*.  Carrying CW on sat, at least in my area, has been an issue on and off. Lost it with DTV for a couple of years which is why I ended up with a free Aim21. I can get CW (CBS owned) content on Netflix but I have a feeling that may change soon. I love the idea of *D's* hardware but package wise it ends up being more expensive, currently, than what we have with DTV. I really would like to leave anything ATT just on principle. Their incompetence and indifference to their customers regarding anything related to DTV services is breathe taking. Enjoy *D* 😊

Message 7448 of 7,580
Mentor

Finally did it. I left ATT/DirectTv after nearly 20 years. Got Dish this morning and am completely satisfied. I wish you all the best of luck going forward. I had ATT as a cell provider, fired them many years ago for increasing cost and poor service in my area. Had ATT as an internet provider, fired them after after 8 years because of slow speed. The last cut of the cord was to fire them as a satellite provider because of all the reasons we have been on this thread.

Message 7449 of 7,580
Scholar

It seems like this GUI is reverting, in spite of not having been updated. Old problems rearing their ugly heads:

Wrong program ready to be deleted in the playlist if you’re not careful and,

the most aggravating one of all:

“Please wait” for eternity upon deleting programs. The only way to get anything back is to get up and reset the box with the red button. Nothing else responds. And if you’re recording something (as I am now), you will lose that if you reset the receiver. I am so annoyed right now. These problems have been going on well over a year now. And all of us paying suckers, er, customers, are being ignored. At best we’ll get a “we’re aware of it and are working on it.” 

Enough already! It’s a disgrace. 

Message 7450 of 7,580
Scholar

I agree--the progress bar is a disaster. Whatever happened to choices? Is it that difficult to give us a toggle switch for the progress bar and choose "black" or "transparent"? After 23 years with Directv (and through no choice of my own, now with the DeathStar) I'm about fed up.

If AT&T is trying to push me towards cutting the cord, they are succeeding. And I can absolutely guarantee that my choice WILL NOT EVER be DirectvNow if I take the plunge.

Message 7451 of 7,580
Mentor

Cut the cord, now with Dish. So far, I'm lovin it. Functional UI, virtually the same package i left behind at almost 50% less. Its taking a little bit of time to get used to new way of doing things, but so much easier. Best part is, its totally customizable, but I haven't played with that feature yet. Recording management is far superior. Gotta admit that after about 20 years, it was hard to cut the cord, but I did it and I'm not looking back. To their credit, ATT didn't even bother to offer an enticement to stay. So, if you're on the fence, take another look at Dish. I studied for a couple months, read the forums, studied pricing. Nothing negative from me. The installer was great. Clean install, great explanations, eager to answer all of my many questions.

Good luck all
Kind Regards
Message 7452 of 7,580
Scholar

I really appreciate hearing from people when they decide to leave, where they land and how it's working for them. Thanks for taking the time and enjoy your new service😊

Message 7453 of 7,580
Mentor

Thank you for your words. Nice to know there are good people out there. 2nd day in and I'm pleased as punch. If I happen to find anything negative to report, I'll post here so that others have more information.
getting pummeled with a severe thunder storm and extremely high winds as I write this and no issues with signal loss or degradation.

Cheers
Message 7454 of 7,580
Scholar

Got the “ac” update Tuesday night. The progress bar is not clear, but you can see behind it. 

So far, no issues with the back function going to the wrong listing, but we’ll give it some time to be sure. 

Will check back in. 

Message 7455 of 7,580
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support