Helpful Links

New Directv GUI - ATTROCIOUS DISASTER! - Are you kidding me?

New Directv GUI - ATTROCIOUS DISASTER! - Are you kidding me?

*** WHO THE HE** DESIGNED BETTER YET APPROVED THE NEW DIRECTV GUI MENUS THAT APPEARED ON MY DVRS TODAY?

because they need to be fired!

WOW Directv???? You couldnt come up with anything better than that BLAND DISMAL ATTROCIOUS design of a menu?

Thank you for ruining my TV experience. Not joking! Not happy either!

Good Work !

Message 1 of 4,469
Scholar

How Can I Change My Menus Back To Previous Version.

I turned on my TV (directv) to find they "enhanced" the menu and guide interface. I'm not sure if the thought behind it was intended for 4K TV's or what but It looks horrible. Graphics are small and muddy while parts of the menu are difficult to read. In some cases it seems the new style was pushed out before the full set of menus was complete (no changes to some of the sub-menus). I do, however, like the transparency effect and would not mind that feature in the old style of menus.

Anyway, I'm wondering if there is a was to opt-out of this new style of menus as I would prefer the old style instead.

Message 2 of 4,469
Scholar

Re: New Directv GUI - ATTROCIOUS DISASTER! - Are you kidding me?

I Agree 100%! The change is unwelcomed and not thought out very well.

Message 3 of 4,469
ACE - Master

Re: How Can I Change My Menus Back To Previous Version.

nope, no way to go back.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (3)
Message 4 of 4,469
Scholar

Awful!!! More remote presses required to accomplish the same action.  Not very intuitive, and missing functionality from the old user interface.  You would hope that the interface designers would add functionality rather than remove it (or hide it someplace that you can no longer find it).

Message 5 of 4,469
Employee

Mine was the same as always this morning i wonder if they are doing short bursts of updates? guess i will see in a couple of days

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 6 of 4,469
ACE - Master

yes, updates roll out over time, takes a month or so natioanlly

also, the hr34 is not scheduled to receiver this

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 7 of 4,469
Employee

embarrasssing. wow

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 8 of 4,469
Mentor

Yes, this thing is horrible.  Out of contract, nine more weeks of Sunday Ticket to decide where I want to get my content.  This might just be the straw that causes me to cut the cord for streaming and OTA, whick will be 4K in a couple of years.  Either way, not staying around when they seem to be going backward instead of forward.  Thanks for making my decision easier.

Message 9 of 4,469
Employee

anyone have a screen shot of what the new GUI looks like? im curious now

Employee Contributor*
Message 10 of 4,469
ACE - Master

solid signal has a pdf first look someplace

Message 11 of 4,469
Teacher

New Guide Font isn't HD worthy...blurry text that runs together and cant even see channel logo's

Like, sorta, the new channel guide.   Howver you can't really read the channel names, see the logo.  Font is pixelated.

Hoping this was tested on HD prior to deployment and this is just a temp issue.  This part of the user experience missed the QC i guess?

Message 12 of 4,469
ACE - Expert

Here's a link to Solid Signal's article about the new Genie GUI ....

http://blog.solidsignal.com/content.php/7212-BREAKING-NEWS-DIRECTV-Rolls-Out-New-User-Interface-For-...

Message 13 of 4,469
ACE - Expert

Re: New Guide Font isn't HD worthy...blurry text that runs together and cant even see channel logo's

Message 14 of 4,469

20171101_185028.jpgWhat A Freakin JokE!20171101_185323.jpgMindblowing Creativity!20171101_184902.jpgDisaster GUI ! Beyond Painful to scroll through!20171101_185433.jpgNice to see all the $$$$ go into the services!

Message 15 of 4,469
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support