Explore & discover

Helpful Links

New Directv GUI - ATTROCIOUS DISASTER! - Are you kidding me?

Anonymous
Not applicable

New Directv GUI - ATTROCIOUS DISASTER! - Are you kidding me?

*** WHO DESIGNED BETTER YET APPROVED THE NEW DIRECTV GUI MENUS THAT APPEARED ON MY DVRS TODAY?

because they need to be fired!

WOW Directv???? You couldnt come up with anything better than that BLAND DISMAL ATTROCIOUS design of a menu?

Thank you for ruining my TV experience. Not joking! Not happy either!

Good Work !

Message 70 of 7,566

Re: New Directv GUI - ATTROCIOUS DISASTER! - Are you kidding me?

Thank you @ATTTimCS ,

That is good news, once the update arrives, I will report back here, take care.

Message 7426 of 7,566

Re: The new user interface is horrible

Here is what it looks like.  I just happened to be watching Jeopardy.

AE9EBE3B-6C4A-49C6-8AE2-F8EE31E16971.jpeg

Message 7427 of 7,566
Scholar

After over 20 years with Directv, AT&T has finally chased me away...  My contract is completed and AT&T still hasn't fixed the new GUI so as of today I'm no longer a Directv customer. They didn't even try to convince me to remain a customer...

I'm sorry that it has come to this...but waiting over a year while paying full price is not acceptable to me.

I've switched over to a different satellite service that starts with a D.  It may not been perfect, but their interface is so much better and more responsive than the one Directv rolled out.  

Message 7428 of 7,566
ACE - Master

@hoss713 wrote:

After over 20 years with Directv, AT&T has finally chased me away...  My contract is completed and AT&T still hasn't fixed the new GUI so as of today I'm no longer a Directv customer. They didn't even try to convince me to remain a customer...

I'm sorry that it has come to this...but waiting over a year while paying full price is not acceptable to me.

I've switched over to a different satellite service that starts with a D.  It may not been perfect, but their interface is so much better and more responsive than the one Directv rolled out.  

good luck

thier equipment is head and shoulders above directv

i will hold off on the negative comments

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything below the is a signature :
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 7429 of 7,566
Scholar

HR44-500 (Ethernet) & HR24-100

Revision (Software) 0x1104

Non Genie Remote (old style)

60” TV - Viewing Distance 14’

@hoss713 

Best to you. I am still checking out streaming. It leaves a lot to be desired especially in the audio department. Dusted off a TiVo and looking at if we can get OTA more stable here. *D* was definitely tempting but missing AMC. I am confident we will find a way soon to part ways as well.

Message 7430 of 7,566
Scholar

I gotta disagree.  at&t has let it fall into the state it is in now.  You got a bunch of yahoo's that think they know everything and this new guide has been a big fat zero since day one.  This thing has never worked and never will.  We as customers have been put in a bunch of dumb hands.  We have all said this is a bunch of dung since day one but you people still defend this.

Message 7431 of 7,566
Scholar

@GmaHrn 

*D* was definitely tempting but missing AMC.

AMC is available. That was a must for me...

Message 7432 of 7,566
Scholar

@hoss713 @GmaHrn 

I'm assuming he refer DTN

Message 7433 of 7,566
Highlighted
Scholar

@justloafing 

I interpreted @mdram4x4 's comments as positive towards the other satellite service hardware. Neither guide is perfect and there are things I don't like with the D### N's guide. But I'm saving $$ and I get the channels I want with a learning curve that was less than directv's new guide's learning curve (After a year, I still got confused navigating directv's new guide).

Message 7434 of 7,566
ACE - Master

@hoss713 wrote:

@justloafing 

I interpreted @mdram4x4 's comments as positive towards the other satellite service hardware. Neither guide is perfect and there are things I don't like with the D### N's guide. But I'm saving $$ and I get the channels I want with a learning curve that was less than directv's new guide's learning curve (After a year, I still got confused navigating directv's new guide).

i was referring to hardware alone, no clue on the guide.

a 16 tuner dvr that outputs 4k, yeah nothing else on the market can touch that

it makes the genie 2 look like philco tv

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 7435 of 7,566
Mentor

@GmaHrn 

@hoss713 AMC is available. That was a must for me...

GmaHrn, Hoss is right, AMC is in the base package "America's Top 120" so it is also included in every upgrade package  D* offers.  I've been checking!  My hard drive is finally down to 20% full so it is not so critical what recorded programs I will loose by switching to a different satellite provider.

I'm not sure if I should be mad at AT&T or grateful for making me check out the competition!

John (AT&T Test Dummy)

Message 7436 of 7,566
ACE - Master

@Since1996 wrote:

@GmaHrn 

@hoss713 AMC is available. That was a must for me...

GmaHrn, Hoss is right, AMC is in the base package "America's Top 120" so it is also included in every upgrade package  D* offers.  I've been checking!  My hard drive is finally down to 20% full so it is not so critical what recorded programs I will loose by switching to a different satellite provider.

I'm not sure if I should be mad at AT&T or grateful for making me check out the competition!

John (AT&T Test Dummy)

before you pick a competitor research the ones available to you

satellite guys is a good spot.

Message 7437 of 7,566
Scholar

@Since1996 

The thing is he said "I am still checking out streaming" so AMC is not on DTN or aka "DirecTV NOW"

Message 7438 of 7,566
Mentor

@shspvr

The comment was in response to, "I've switched over to a different satellite service that starts with a D", & did not reference DirecTV Now.

@mdram4x4

I am in a rural area with limited internet and too far from any city to get anything with an outside antenna.  My only choices are the two satellite services, one of which has disappointed me after 23 years of being a loyal customer.

John (AT&T Test Dummy)

Message 7439 of 7,566

John ( a t and t test dummy ). I am in the same boat as you which is now below the waterline
Message 7440 of 7,566
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support