Explore & discover

Helpful Links

New Directv GUI - ATTROCIOUS DISASTER! - Are you kidding me?

Anonymous
Not applicable

New Directv GUI - ATTROCIOUS DISASTER! - Are you kidding me?

*** WHO DESIGNED BETTER YET APPROVED THE NEW DIRECTV GUI MENUS THAT APPEARED ON MY DVRS TODAY?

because they need to be fired!

WOW Directv???? You couldnt come up with anything better than that BLAND DISMAL ATTROCIOUS design of a menu?

Thank you for ruining my TV experience. Not joking! Not happy either!

Good Work !

Message 70 of 7,566
Scholar

Re: New Directv GUI - ATTROCIOUS DISASTER! - Are you kidding me?

DID ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!! DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT THESE SETTINGS ARE FOR BECAUSE LIKE I SAID DOES NOTHING!!!

Message 2956 of 7,566
Scholar

ONE PROBLEM WITH THIS NEW P O S GUIDE IS THAT IT CAN AND IS HAVING AN EFFECT ON PEOPLE WHO HAVE PERSONAL LIMITATIONS WITH THEIR MOBILITY AND THEIR EYES. I AM FILING SEVERAL COMPLAINTS ON DIFFERENT VENUES TO ADDRESS THESE ISSUES AS THESE CHANGES MIGHT BE A VIOLATION OF THE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT. WHAT RIGHT DID DIRECTV AT&T HAVE TO DO THIS WITHOUT TELLING US FIRST! NO AFTER THOUSANDS OF COMPLAINTS AND PHONE CALLS TO THEM IN VARIOUS COUNTRIES NO LESS THEY SEND AN EMAIL WHICH EXPLAINS NOTHING!!! THIS IS NO ONE TO TREAT YOUR CUSTOMERS AND YOU WILL BE ANSWERING NUMEROUS COMPLAINTS WITH VARIOUS AGENCIES POSSIBLY EVEN LAW SUITS I AM SURE. YOU DON'T CHANGE SOMETHING THAT HAS WORKED FOR YEARS WITH SOMETHING THAT DOESN'T WORK....WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE???

Message 2957 of 7,566
Contributor

NEW GUI update whole home

This new Update is Terrible. Since my genie got updated I'm unable to view any whole home dvr Playlist. The other Receivers are able to view the genie Playlist but the genie cant see other playlist. I went to all the receiver settings and all playlist are shared. Is there something I need to do?

Message 2958 of 7,566
Tutor

Re: Change to the Guide

To think that layout was approved by several committees pretty much tells you who works there.  Did they even do a focus group???  One things for sure, No one had the guts to say the "Emperor has no clothes".  Shame on you guys for being dumb wimps.....And dumber wimps to not fix it....or to at least have the decency to apologize for being dumb wimps!  Directv customer for 18 years.  So my kids are 12, 15 and 18 with perfect vision.  I called them in to look at the changes this morning.  My 12 year old said it best...."What kind of dummy came up with that?"  This is the AT&T we were all concerned about, although Directv has been headed downhill for some time now. They haven't been listening for awhile.  OMG!   

Message 2959 of 7,566
ACE - Expert

@imagination wrote:

I was actually informed today that there might be a workaround for those with the new user interface.  On your remote, press Menu, then look for Settings and select that, then select Accessibility.  According to my source, there should be an option there to correct the font size.  I have not yet confirmed this so I don't know if it works.  Please let me know if it does.

You're throwing yourself at the lions, @imagination!

This is NOT a fix for the font size of the new user interface menus.  This only works for Closed Caption font size.  As an employee you should do your research before posting misinformation about such a hot topic. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2960 of 7,566
Highlighted
Employee
Solution
Accepted by Community Manager (Community Manager)
Accepted by ATTDmitriyCM
‎04-23-2018 6:32 AM

Hello Community,

I have updated the accepted solution on this thread, and also posted the update below.  I continue to share all your feedback, including the FCC and ADA concerns.  Please continue to share your feedback.

Update: 4/20/18 - The latest update I have for everyone is that it looks like the first improvements will begin rolling out as early as later next week.  The first changes will be increasing the font size, as well as changing the font color and contrast.  Please note this is only the first update, so there is more to come.  Also, as with any major update, times and dates are subject to change.  However, I promised I would share information as soon as I had it, so I wanted to let you all know.  Please keep the feedback coming.

Tim, AT&T Community Strategy

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 2961 of 7,566
Teacher

Re: The new format is HORRID!!

When will a new user friendly and efficient format be rolled out? The issues resolved?? The burden of this horrible product should not be on the consumer.
Message 2962 of 7,566
Scholar

Re: Upgrade Resulted in Tiny Font

@ATTTimCS

Please let us know if the developers at DTv and ATT who were responsible for this fiasco are now unemployed. If not, they should be.

Message 2963 of 7,566
ACE - Expert

Re: The new format is HORRID!!

DirecTV posted this update in the lengthy thread on this topic ....

Hello Community,

I have updated the accepted solution on this thread, and also posted the update below.  I continue to share all your feedback, including the FCC and ADA concerns.  Please continue to share your feedback.

Update: 4/20/18 - The latest update I have for everyone is that it looks like the first improvements will begin rolling out as early as later next week.  The first changes will be increasing the font size, as well as changing the font color and contrast.  Please note this is only the first update, so there is more to come.  Also, as with any major update, times and dates are subject to change.  However, I promised I would share information as soon as I had it, so I wanted to let you all know.  Please keep the feedback coming.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2964 of 7,566
ACE - Expert

Re: New Guide and Menu...horrible

DirecTV posted this update today ....

Hello Community,

Update: 4/20/18 - The latest update I have for everyone is that it looks like the first improvements will begin rolling out as early as later next week.  The first changes will be increasing the font size, as well as changing the font color and contrast.  Please note this is only the first update, so there is more to come.  Also, as with any major update, times and dates are subject to change.  However, I promised I would share information as soon as I had it, so I wanted to let you all know.  Please keep the feedback coming.

Message 2965 of 7,566

I don't understand why they felt the need to fix something that wasn't broken. I liked the old guide because I could change the color to something easier to read. This new dark gray guide is awful on my old eyes. What in the world were you people even thinking. 

Message 2966 of 7,566
Tutor

If you had so many complaints about the new Genie GUI menu before you pushed it out to everyone else-why did you?! This new GUI is atrocious! I have started using my non-Genie DVR to watch because it takes 20 steps in what used to take 3! When my contract ends, this 12 year customer is done with Direct!

Message 2967 of 7,566
Teacher

My Direct TV just suddenly changed to this HORRIBLE new interface guide. I can’t even read the wording because it’s so small with white drop out lettering on a gray background! What Dummy approved this STOOPID CHANGE? It’s difficult to navigate when there is nothing intuitive about the design, and you can’t even see the wording. ATT, you guys are total Bozos! You’re going to lose many of us customers because of this! 

Message 2968 of 7,566

To Shspvr: Huh?😳
Message 2969 of 7,566

Nope - that is just for the closed caption if you use it . . . it does not
change no matter what you do of the actual guide. Tried that first thing
after my forced update. If someone actually got it to work through that -
that would be awesome and please post it.
Message 2970 of 7,566
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support