Explore & discover

Helpful Links

New Directv GUI - ATTROCIOUS DISASTER! - Are you kidding me?

Anonymous
Not applicable

New Directv GUI - ATTROCIOUS DISASTER! - Are you kidding me?

*** WHO DESIGNED BETTER YET APPROVED THE NEW DIRECTV GUI MENUS THAT APPEARED ON MY DVRS TODAY?

because they need to be fired!

WOW Directv???? You couldnt come up with anything better than that BLAND DISMAL ATTROCIOUS design of a menu?

Thank you for ruining my TV experience. Not joking! Not happy either!

Good Work !

Message 70 of 7,566
ACE - Master

Re: New Directv GUI - ATTROCIOUS DISASTER! - Are you kidding me?

yes, updates roll out over time, takes a month or so natioanlly

also, the hr34 is not scheduled to receiver this

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything below the is a signature :
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 76 of 7,566
Former Employee

embarrasssing. wow

Tags (1)
Message 77 of 7,566
Mentor

Yes, this thing is horrible.  Out of contract, nine more weeks of Sunday Ticket to decide where I want to get my content.  This might just be the straw that causes me to cut the cord for streaming and OTA, whick will be 4K in a couple of years.  Either way, not staying around when they seem to be going backward instead of forward.  Thanks for making my decision easier.

Message 78 of 7,566
Employee

anyone have a screen shot of what the new GUI looks like? im curious now

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
THE FOLLOWING IS INCLUDED WITH EACH POST

While AT&T employees do look at forum posts from time to time, we are here to represent the forum with our experiences as customers on our own time and do not represent AT&T in any official capacity with our responses.
*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 79 of 7,566
ACE - Master

solid signal has a pdf first look someplace

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anything below the is a signature :
Note: This is a customer to customer forum, I am just a customer. Employees are identified as such.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 80 of 7,566
Teacher

New Guide Font isn't HD worthy...blurry text that runs together and cant even see channel logo's

Like, sorta, the new channel guide.   Howver you can't really read the channel names, see the logo.  Font is pixelated.

Hoping this was tested on HD prior to deployment and this is just a temp issue.  This part of the user experience missed the QC i guess?

Message 81 of 7,566
ACE - Expert

Here's a link to Solid Signal's article about the new Genie GUI ....

http://blog.solidsignal.com/content.php/7212-BREAKING-NEWS-DIRECTV-Rolls-Out-New-User-Interface-For-...

Message 82 of 7,566
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

Re: New Guide Font isn't HD worthy...blurry text that runs together and cant even see channel logo's

More info about the new Genie GUI here ....

http://blog.solidsignal.com/content.php/7212-BREAKING-NEWS-DIRECTV-Rolls-Out-New-User-Interface-For-...

Message 83 of 7,566
Anonymous
Not applicable

20171101_185028.jpgWhat A Freakin JokE!20171101_185323.jpgMindblowing Creativity!20171101_184902.jpgDisaster GUI ! Beyond Painful to scroll through!20171101_185433.jpgNice to see all the $$$$ go into the services!

Message 84 of 7,566
Scholar

Yeah the new format is horrible. I was immediately looking for a way to go back to the old guide. So far the genie in the TV room is the only one effected. The older dvr upstairs still has the old guide. It's definitely not an improvement at all. Too bad they don't give you a choice on which one to use. They probably know that no one would choose the new one. Another example of a large company jamming their visions down your throat weather you like it or not.

Message 85 of 7,566
Scholar

Plus it's fugly! 

Message 86 of 7,566
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is beyond frustration because when ideas like this are so poorly executed to the consumers, guess who pays for it ?

I am sure we will see a RATE increase for this messup.

This should have NEVER EVER been allowed or approved for a major nationwide rollout.

Message 87 of 7,566
Anonymous
Not applicable

--- spoke to Tech Support asking for a software downgrade and oddly enough, it was hinted I was not the only one requesting this.
After a few transfers back and forth, I wont mention any specifics but it looks like DTV is getting hit hard from this one w/customers.

Truthfully they should. Seriously is it so hard to get anyone to use their brain when doing things like this?

Lets not forget the TIVO disaster that happened in early 2000 when they lost 10 million customers by forcing their own brand of crappy DVR upon us.
Eventually DTV GUI and options caught up ....10 years later....

I am looking into getting alt services now as we speak.

Message 88 of 7,566
ACE - Expert

Lots of tips and pictures on how to deal with the new Genie GUI in the Solid Signal blog that I posted a link to above.  

We went through this same frustration when the current GUI replaced the older GUI several years ago.  Experienced customers will have the hardest time adapting, while newer customers won't realize it's different.  And it will be tweaked over time.  

Message 89 of 7,566

Guide font size

Anyone figure out how to change the new format guide size, the accessibility font changes don’t seem to work 

Message 90 of 7,566
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support