Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Re: The new user interface is horrible

Anonymous
Not applicable

New Directv GUI - ATTROCIOUS DISASTER! - Are you kidding me?

*** WHO DESIGNED BETTER YET APPROVED THE NEW DIRECTV GUI MENUS THAT APPEARED ON MY DVRS TODAY?

because they need to be fired!

WOW Directv???? You couldnt come up with anything better than that BLAND DISMAL ATTROCIOUS design of a menu?

Thank you for ruining my TV experience. Not joking! Not happy either!

Good Work !

Message 70 of 7,594

You are kidding right? Silver coke cans is the comparison here? People say the silver coke cans tasted different than the red cans! What a joke! The majority of the people love the new user interface as do I. It is faster, looks better, and just compared to other companies guides and user interfaces one of the best.

Message 30 of 7,594
Mentor

curious what brand tvs cant read the new guide

even my 19" vizio(1080i) i can see the guide crisper then the old thing

clear on my 32" dynex (720p) and 46" samsung (1080i/p) as well

been playing with the new guide since october tho, idk tho, ive always been a fan of darker themes and run dark bg on my pc

list runs slow on my main hddvr but thats due to the external 3TB esata hdd

Message 31 of 7,594
ACE - Expert

Quote: Originally Posted by krazyrs 

curious what brand tvs cant read the new guide

Mostly TVs with improper brightness/contrast/picture settings. 

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 32 of 7,594
Contributor

I love the new look and it is soo much faster! I think its great keep up the good work Directv!! =)
Message 33 of 7,594

{sarcasm}

I just love how peds48_installs says "Just email dtv" but doesn't bother to give us the email address

I just love how litzdog911 says "Must be your TVs brightness/contrast" when background on my PROFESSIONALLY adjusted TV is BLACK

{/sarcasm}

Message 34 of 7,594
Expert

The email address is available to all, but so that you won't have to look here it is.

www.directv.com/email

Message 35 of 7,594

OK, here's a couple of bugs:

I have 2x HR24 receivers

I have the guide preference SCROLL set to OFF, guess what, the guide scrolls

I have the guide preference GUIDE HD CHANNELS set to SHOW ALL CHANNELS (don't hide dups), guess what, it won't show duplicates

Where do I sign-up to be a beta tester because someone is not finding the simple things

Message 36 of 7,594

@dcd

Thank you for that information. It's not an OBVIOUS link on the web site.

Message 37 of 7,594

@jimmie57

Thank you. The Guide scrolling is now working correctly and is NOW "lightning fast." The ability to show SD/HD duplicates resists all attempts to get the duplicate channels to show. Some may wonder why I'd want that. We get especially heavy rain showers here and, as a storm approaches, I'll lose HD reception. I've found I can still get SD reception, but now I can't select the SD version of a channel at all.

Message 38 of 7,594
ACE - Expert

antaran - what's your zip code??

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 39 of 7,594
ACE - Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by antaran 

{sarcasm}

I just love how peds48_installs says "Just email dtv" but doesn't bother to give us the email address

I just love how litzdog911 says "Must be your TVs brightness/contrast" when background on my PROFESSIONALLY adjusted TV is BLACK

{/sarcasm}

On a properly calibrated TV the background is dark gray, not black. 

Message 40 of 7,594

Kinda personal there texasbrit Smiley Happy

Let's just say South Florida

Message 41 of 7,594
ACE - Expert

Quote: Originally Posted by antaran  

Kinda personal there texasbrit Smiley Happy

Let's just say South Florida

He's just asking so that he can do a channel lookup for your location.

That's why it's Best to start your own new thread using the "Create New Post" button on the main forum page.  With a new thread you can provide more information about your equipment, location, and troubleshooting you've tried so far.  And this forum software makes it difficult to track or respond to folks that add onto someone else's thread. 

Message 42 of 7,594
ACE - Expert

Yes, I can't really help without knowing where you are.....

Message 43 of 7,594
Expert

Quote: Originally Posted by antaran 

@dcd

Thank you for that information. It's not an OBVIOUS link on the web site.

it is very obvious.  if you hoover over with your mouse on the HELP link on the top right corner of this web page, you will see the CONTACT US link.  you're welcome.

Message 44 of 7,594
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support