Helpful Links

Network Setup Error 86-864

Tutor

Network Setup Error 86-864

I have an HD-DVR (HR24-100) with a Directv Cinema Connection Kit (DCAW1R0-01) successfully connected to the internet and linked to a second HD-DVR (HR21-700) with a Connected Home Adapter (DECA1MR0-01).  Whole Home DVR service is working properly between the two.  I also have an HD receiver (H21-200) that I want to connect to the network and use as part of the Whole Home DVR setup.  However, when I try to connect, I get the error code 86-864.  I've tried resetting my internet router/modem, refreshing the service on the receiver, and restoring defaults in the receiver network setup menu.  None of these attempts have resolved the issue.

Message 1 of 10
Employee

Re: Network Setup Error 86-864

do you have a Connected Home Adapter (DECA1MR0-01) on that H21?.  you need one same as your H21-700

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 10
Tutor

I do not.  I spoke with a technician on the phone who said that it does not require one...?

Message 3 of 10

Well you do infact need one the phone guy is wrong

Message 4 of 10
Tutor

Okay, I will call back then.  Thanks for your help!

Message 5 of 10
Employee

yes, he was mistaken.  only H24, HR24 and Genie have DECA built in, all others need the DECA adapter.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 6 of 10
Employee

keep us posted

Employee Contributor*
Message 7 of 10

Tell them you need a reciever deca so you can add that reciever to your network

Message 8 of 10
Tutor

Called back and they are sending a DECA unit. Thanks again.

Message 9 of 10
Employee

Awesome.  Glad I was able to help.

Employee Contributor*
Message 10 of 10
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the DIRECTV DVR & Receivers boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Is your service down? Click here to chat with us!

Additional Support