ACE - Expert

Re: My screen goes black randomly when watching recorded program

@Momhorn wrote:

My screen goes black randomly when watching recorded program, any ideas 

DVR model number?

When did the problem start?

What channel(s)?

What troubleshooting have you tried?

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 10
Tutor

My DVR is an older model, not sure what exact model number it is not a genie. The problem started about a week and a half ago, happens on live TV and recordings win played back. I called tech-support and they updated the receiver and had me turn it off and on at the power button on the unit seem to help for a bit but then when I turn the TV back On it started again.

Message 3 of 10
Tutor

It also flickers and then randomly goes black

Message 4 of 10
ACE - Expert

It would really help to know its model number. You'll find that on a label near the access card, rear/bottom panels. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 10
Tutor

HR22  100

Message 6 of 10
ACE - Expert

@Momhorn wrote:

HR22  100

Thanks. That's a pretty old model. I would suggest having it replaced. Call DirecTV .... 1 800 531 5000. Replacements are free if you have their Equipment Protection Plan. Otherwise, $20 for shipping. You should get a newer HR24. And the HR22 is old enough that you shouldn't need to return it. 

Message 7 of 10
Mentor

I tried to get my HR22-100 replaced and DirecTV said there had to be something wrong with it that couldn't be remedied by other means. This DVR is slower than molasses running down a rocky road!

Message 8 of 10
ACE - Expert

@lyradd wrote:

I tried to get my HR22-100 replaced and DirecTV said there had to be something wrong with it that couldn't be remedied by other means. This DVR is slower than molasses running down a rocky road!

Just tell them it's dead.

Message 9 of 10
Highlighted
Mentor

Tell them if they don't replace it you will cancel.  They hate to lose customers.

Message 10 of 10
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support