Helpful Links

Must HR24 be connected to internet?

Contributor

Must HR24 be connected to internet?

Does an HR24 have to be connected to the internet

Message 1 of 9
Employee

Re: HR24 hookup

No, it does not have to.  But connecting it gives you video on demand and restart feature among others.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 9

Hi! I'm changing internet companies and will be canceling HughesNet and going to a Verizon Hot Spot. What do I need to do to hook up my Directv to the Verizon Hotspot?

Message 3 of 9
ACE - Professor

its not recommenced to connect to a metered data

but an hr24 would need a wireless adapter

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 9

Do you have any suggestions? Our wireless router isn't working well for our family. The Hotspot works well for laptops, etc. Do I have any options?

Message 5 of 9
ACE - Professor

this is the part

http://www.solidsignal.com/pview.asp?p=cck-w

but remember streaming video uses gigabytes of data

it wont take much to reach your datacap

According to Netflix, using their “High” data usage setting runs through 3 GB per hour when streaming High Definition (HD) videos and 7 GB per hour for Ultra HD. The “Medium” setting only uses 0.7 GB per hour for a Standard Definition (SD) video.Nov 6, 2014
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 9
Highlighted
ACE - Professor

btw, as a rural customer with no access to broadband, i just ignore those features

you dont need internet, its just a convenience if you can get it.

Message 7 of 9

Will I still be able to get video on demand without internet? Sometimes we like to get a movie! Smiley Happy Also, will it affect streaming tv on an iPhone?

Message 8 of 9
ACE - Professor

internet will be required for on demand, and some (but not all) ppv.

it will also be required to stream certain things from the dvr to you iphone

Message 9 of 9
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the DIRECTV DVR & Receivers boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Is your service down? Click here to chat with us!

Additional Support