Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Moving

Highlighted
Contributor

Moving

I am moving and taking my DirecTV equipment with me. Am I going to lose all of my DVR recordings when it is set up at the new house?

Message 1 of 3
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Expert (ACE - Expert)
Accepted by litzdog911
‎03-14-2019 8:41 PM

Re: Moving

@Akguy89 wrote:

I am moving and taking my DirecTV equipment with me. Am I going to lose all of my DVR recordings when it is set up at the new house?

No, your recordings will still be on that DVR when you're set up at the new house. 

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 3
ACE - Expert

Re: Moving

DVR recordings do not delete unless sent back where they wipe the hard drive as part of the refurbishing process.

Just call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 and discuss their Movers deal.

Be aware that agents will use this opportunity to offer an upgrade (which is optional), or inform you of any required MPEG swap (old SD only feeds getting ready to shut down which for some requires new equipment). So that we can give some guidance to make sure the order works for you personally, what are the models of each box you have now?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support