Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Re: Mobil dvr

Tutor

Mobil dvr

My Mobil dvr lets me in when I'm home and connected to the network but when I'm away from the home it can't locate the receiver anyone else have this issue ?
Message 1 of 8
Expert

That is normal behaviour.  Make sure when you are OOH you have selected the watch on phone on the top of the app.

Message 2 of 8
Tutor

Yes I did and still when I'm away from my network I can't get in , it seems to work intermittently
Message 3 of 8
Expert
Solution
Accepted by (Expert)
Accepted by peds48
‎10-16-2016 3:21 PM

First thing to try is resetting your DVR/Receiver using the red button behind the front panel access card door. See if that helps.

Tags (1)
Message 4 of 8
Highlighted
Tutor

That made it work actually -
Message 5 of 8
Teacher

Dang I'm having this problem all of the sudden and I was hoping this would work for me. Was working fine when we first got Directv on my phone and then one day is just won't connect to mobile DVR. Frustrating.

Message 6 of 8
Tutor

Same issue here. Somewhat works on phone on home network, but doesn't work out of home. Says "can't connect to mobile DVR". Worked fine until they discontunued GenieGo hardware and GenieGo app for PC. I only used it to watch my DVR recordings on PC when on vacation. Now that's gone.

Message 7 of 8
Tutor

All of this is very normal for the ATT/DTV mobile application.  It works sometimes and sometimes doesn't. It is the experience DTV is hoping you get so that you sign up for their new Directv NOW service.  That way you have to spend more money with the same company for the same content.  It's called highway robbery.

Rather than fix the broken application, it was easier for ATT to develop a whole new platform

Message 8 of 8
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support