Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Many of my recorded shows are missing.

Highlighted
Tutor

Many of my recorded shows are missing.

I noticed last night and it has continued to today, that probably half of my recordings have disappeared.  No one has access to my dvr or direct tv other than me so I am very confused and very frustrated.  

Message 1 of 23
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Expert (ACE - Expert)
Accepted by litzdog911
‎11-09-2018 7:20 PM

Re: Many of my recorded shows are missing.

Do you have a Genie DVR?  

There's a bug in the current Genie software that can cause recordings to "disappear".  They're not really gone, though.  Resetting your Genie should bring them back, at least for a while.  Or you can find them via the Genie's Recording History menu.  A fix has just started rolling out with v1144.  

For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 23
Tutor

Thanks so much. Stupid question - how do I know if it is a Genie DVR? I
don't see anything on it that identifies the type of DVR it is.
Message 3 of 23
ACE - Expert

@hgillesp wrote:
Thanks so much. Stupid question - how do I know if it is a Genie DVR? I
don't see anything on it that identifies the type of DVR it is.

Look for the model number on the rear/bottom panel, or label near the access card. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 23
Tutor

I must be clueless. I can't find anything that identifies my dvr other than the fact that it is reconditioned.  

Message 5 of 23
Tutor

So, while trying to figure out what type of dvr it was I decided to hit the
reset button on the machine and boom, once it rebooted, all my shows came
back! Crazy! but very happy. Thanks so much for your response!
Message 6 of 23
Scholar

That just happened to me yesterday on my Genie HR44-500. I have 2 receivers a HR44-500 and a HR24. I sat down to watch a recorded series on the HR44 and it was not there. Also a few recordings that were there were also missing.  I went upstairs and checked the HR24 and they were listed so I knew they were not gone. (I have whole home)  I did a red button reset and everything came back. I watched the show and watched some live TV afterward. I decided to check my recordings and now only 3 showed up. I went upstairs and checked the HR24 and there were 14 recorded programs listed.  Not sure what's going on here as this just started today.

Message 7 of 23
ACE - Expert

@tae111 wrote:

That just happened to me yesterday on my Genie HR44-500. I have 2 receivers a HR44-500 and a HR24. I sat down to watch a recorded series on the HR44 and it was not there. Also a few recordings that were there were also missing.  I went upstairs and checked the HR24 and they were listed so I knew they were not gone. (I have whole home)  I did a red button reset and everything came back. I watched the show and watched some live TV afterward. I decided to check my recordings and now only 3 showed up. I went upstairs and checked the HR24 and there were 14 recorded programs listed.  Not sure what's going on here as this just started today.

Yep, it's a bug.  The Solution posted in this thread provides more info.

Message 8 of 23
Tutor

When is this solution going to be rolled out?!? 

This keeps happening; very frustrating.

Message 9 of 23
Tutor

Download the DirectTV App to a mobile device, the Playlist on there is correct. Connect your mobile device to the same local network as your DVR. Then, use the Playlist on the App to “send” a show to your TV.

Message 10 of 23
ACE - Expert

@Glaffy wrote:

When is this solution going to be rolled out?!? 

This keeps happening; very frustrating.

It has started.  Some folks have reported getting v1144 that fixes this bug.  But it can take several weeks for all boxes to get the update.

Message 11 of 23
Tutor

I have no idea how to connect my mobile device to the same local network as my dvr
Message 12 of 23
Tutor

Connect your DVR to the internet using WiFi and then connect your mobile device to the same WiFi network.

Message 13 of 23
ACE - Expert

The mobile DTV app doesn't allow casting/streaming to a TV.

Message 14 of 23
Tutor

How does one connect DVR to internet via Wi-Fi?
Message 15 of 23
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

If your DIRECTV account has recently moved into myAT&T, let us help you manage your DIRECTV account in myAT&T.

Additional Support