Manual Recording gets confused when changing Duration

Teacher

Manual Recording gets confused when changing Duration

I record MLB games as manual recordings.

On Thursday 7/24 I set the following:

When:  Today

Start: 11 PM

Duration 2 hours 10 minutes

If during the game, it appears it is running late, I will change the duration.

If I change the duration before midnight, there is no problem.

After midnight, I changed the duration to 2 hours 40 minutes  (the game was running late)

However, when I go to watch the game, it has the duration on the scale as 26 hours 40 minutes.

If I go back into recording options, indeed it was changed from 2 hours 40 minutes to 26 hours 40 minutes.

Here is where I think the error is made by the receiver:

When I edit it after midnight, it still has the "When" as Today instead of "Yesterday"

Even though it actually started the day before, it is adding the 2 hours 40 minutes to the 11 PM on Friday instead of Thursday.

Art

Message 1 of 5
Teacher

Re: Manual Recording gets confused when changing Duration

OK, I'll actually make this a question. Does Directv monitor these forums in order to know about

their software glitches? If not, how do I report this problem to Directv?  (phone? email? etc.)

Message 2 of 5
ACE - Expert

No, DirecTV does not monitor these forums.

If you go to dbstalk, they have a specific issues thread for each release and those are monitored.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 5
Expert

You are creating a confused input to the DVR.  Next game, locate the listing in the Guide bar.  Press the red record button a single time.  Later, while watching the recording press the "info" button, the select more info.  Add the number of minutes you wish to add.

Message 4 of 5
Teacher

What is confusing about telling the receiver when to record something and for how long?

It had worked for years on my Directivo.

Your way, If I want to record a game on MLB Extra Innings channel, they have the games lasting 6 hours.

In my example above, I recorded 2 other programs the first hour of the game and it had it record my game starting 1 hour after the game started.  The only thing that would get confused by a manual recording is a glitch in their software.

Message 5 of 5
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the DIRECTV DVR & Receivers boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Is your service down? Click here to chat with us!

Additional Support