MLB.TV and MLB Extra Innings

Teacher

MLB.TV and MLB Extra Innings

supposedly this year an MLB Extra Innings subscription includes an MLB.TV account.  i'm already subscribed to MLBEI -- how do i go about using MLB.TV?

Message 1 of 20
Expert

Re: MLB.TV and MLB Extra Innings

Only a guess, but I'd guess that inasmuch as the Extra Innings doesn't become active until opening day, the same may be true of MLB.TV. 

Message 2 of 20
Teacher

yeah, i suspect you are correct.  although technically opening day was last Sunday, so we are already past that date -- which raises the issue of why the first two games weren't carried on MLBEI.  plus, MLB.TV is already active, so even if MLBEI isn't, why not let us see some games via MLB.TV while we're waiting.

regardless, a little bit of "official" info sure would be nice.  i've already subscribed to MLB.TV, so if we really are getting a complete, unrestricted MLB.TV sub with our MLBEI sub, i'd like to know so i can cancel the MLB.TV sub. 

Message 3 of 20
Expert

Message 4 of 20
Teacher

but it officially says nothing -- "Additional details on access and activation coming soon".  what is soon?  as i noted, the season "officially" started two days ago.

Message 5 of 20
Expert

You asked for an official confirmation of MLB.com being included and the link provides that.  I am attempting to assist you, not get into a debate.  And, the Yankees played in Tampa yesterday, at their spring training field.

Message 6 of 20
Teacher

sorry, i'm not trying to debate you at all, and i do appreciate your replies.  i was just hoping to get a bit more info than "it's coming some time and it's gonna be cool".  like maybe they could say MLBEI subscribers will be notified by email when it's ready.  as i mentioned, i had no idea it was even in the works until i stumbled on to the announcement page by accident while looking for something else.  in fact, this year i didn't even receive a courtesy email that my MLBEI was automatically renewing -- pretty sure i got something like that in years past.

oh well, i guess i'll just keep checking the web site and hopefully stumble on to the details when they do become available.

Message 7 of 20

I agree with lhitetx, there isn't really anything clear on how to 'login' to mlb.tv via DTV.  Even the customer service reps had no clue. 

I also want to make sure they are even carrying the Dodgers.  I know they are having a spat with DirecTV about even carrying the channel...I was hoping that didn't include MLBEI. 

Message 8 of 20
Professor

AFAIK until Time Warner and DTV have a contract the only live Dodgers games that will be seen in the LA Dodgers market.are the nationally televise ones on ESPN or Fox Sports game of the week.

Message 9 of 20
Contributor

Does anyone know what I can do if I already subscribe to MLB.tv on the MLB.com page if I can now get MLBE on directv without paying full price?  I already subscribed to mlbtv in Feb and didn't know directv was going to offer both.

Message 10 of 20
Employee

Have you tried linking the accounts

http://www.directv.com/sports/mlb?ACM=false&lpos=Header:3

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 11 of 20
Teacher

welcome to the club!  i used the link that @peds48 posted above, and was able to link my MLB.TV account to my MLBEI account.  played around with it some last night and it seemed to be the real deal -- i had full MLB.TV access on my notebook, but seemed to be issues with my phone.  i'm going to experiment more on Monday and if all still looks good, i'm then going to see about getting a refund from MLB.TV for what i paid them.  will post back here with results of that.

Message 12 of 20
Administrator

Thanks! I just linked my account also, and it worked just fine. Now I know what to tell people when they call in asking

Message 13 of 20
Contributor

Finally got an answer to this issue.  Go to www.mlb.com/tv/activate and use your directv log in to activate mlb.tv and link the accounts.

Message 14 of 20
Employee

Yep, here is the link I posted earlier today

http://www.directv.com/sports/mlb?ACM=false&lpos=Header:3

Mac users are advised to not use Safari but instead Chrome or any any other browser as it appears to be a bug with Safari and Keychain access

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 15 of 20
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the DIRECTV DVR & Receivers boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Is your service down? Click here to chat with us!

Additional Support