Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Lights on my genieGO?

Contributor

Lights on my genieGO?

My genieGO for some reason flashes the "status" LED red and now I can not use any of the out-of-home features. Does anyone know what the lights on a genieGO mean?

Message 1 of 10
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by alfmalph1954
‎11-13-2016 1:54 PM

Re: Lights on my genieGO?

Geniego is no longer supported(paperweight). You need a HR44/54 to use the new mobile DVR service

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 10
Contributor

so when do the customers get an update?

Message 3 of 10
ACE - Expert

Mobile DRV is already out but unless you have an HR44/54 Genie you will not get it.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 10
ACE - Expert

If you had a stand alone GenieGo, don't have an HR44/54 Genie DVR, and still want MobileDVR service, then call DirecTV.  They should upgrade your DVR to a compatible model. 

Message 5 of 10
Contributor

Is there currently any way to watch my HR44 recorded programs on my laptop while I'm out of town? If not now, when will there be a way to do so?

GenieGo just worked last month, now it's a paperweight?

Howard

Message 6 of 10
Teacher

I am in the same boat. Genie Go stopped working this weekend (11/11) and now I am talking to Direct TV about how to watch on my laptop. I know it works on my phone, but I prefer to watch on my laptop. The playlist option on Directv.com shows my old playlists and no one knows how to get it updated on directv.com Smiley Sad 

So if anyone else knows how to get the playlist option at Directv.com to show your recently recorded shows, please let me know. Thanks

Message 7 of 10
ACE - Expert

@chas0307,  no easy way to do that.  With GenieGo now dead, and no PC-based offering for MobileDVR, you're alteratives are:

• Slingbox
  • Nox emulator for DirecTV Android App on your PC (provided you have MobileDVR compatible Genies, HR44/54)
Message 8 of 10
Teacher

All,

I got my Genie Go application that runs on my laptop to work. The issue I was thinking with the Genie Go hardware now dead, there was no way to get my HD DVR. It turns out the the Genie Go application that runs on the laptop does not need the Genie Go hardware anymore. When you bring up the Genie Go application it says it can't connect to the Genie Go hardware, but there is another prompt that I was ignoring. It said "We noticed a new Genie Go device, would you like to activate it? If so your old recordings will expire in 30 days". I never said YES since I didn't exactly know what that meant. Well after talking to many DTV techs and them saying "you can't watch your recordings on a laptop, you have to only use your smart phone or tablet". I decided to select yes on the registration of a new Genie Go device. Once I did that all my recordings popped up. I know it is not using the Genie Go hardware since it is unplugged. So I guess the new Genie Go device it saw was just the HD DVR it can see directly now. Anyway, I am happy again. Smiley Happy

Tags (1)
Message 9 of 10
Contributor

Chas0307,  that worked for me as well - hopefully it works better than the GenieGo which was very tempremental.Thanks

Message 10 of 10
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support