Helpful Links

Letters next to programs

Scholar

Letters next to programs

What do the letters next to recorded programs mean? Thank you in advance!

Message 1 of 7
Employee

Re: Letters next to programs

What letters?  can you post a picture?

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 7
Scholar

Quote: Originally Posted by peds48_installs

What letters? can you post a picture?

Next to a few recorded programs there is a "K". Not sure what it means. I thought it was for pilot programs, but not all of the newer shows have them, and some shows like "The Amazing Race", has it.

Message 3 of 7
Expert

K indicates the program has the "keep until I delete" tab attached. On demand programs have that automatically. It can be added or deleted to any program in the "list" by highlighting the program and pressing the blue remote button.

Note that "keep until I delete" is a bit of a misnomer.  It's overcome by the "keep at most" rule and by the expiration date rule.  It really only works if the hard drive is full and the system automatically deletes programs to make room for scheduled recordings.  In that case, the K programs are spared.  Of course, if all programs are K then it offers no advantage whatever.

Message 4 of 7
Scholar

Damn, sorry I didn't come back and thank you for helping me with this. Now I know exactly what they mean. I must be getting forgetful again. Thanks!Cool

Message 5 of 7
Expert

No problem, you're welcome, and not the only one who is having some memory problems.

Message 6 of 7
Professor

What problem? Is there a problem? :0)

Message 7 of 7
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the DIRECTV DVR & Receivers boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Is your service down? Click here to chat with us!

Additional Support