Is closed captioning not working today?

Tutor

Is closed captioning not working today?

I've done everything and can't get it to work. Went to menu> settings > Display> Captioning, (it's on) and closed captioning won't work not matter what program is on. Also tried it through the on screen info screen scrolling over to CC and closed captioning is on so what else can I do?

Message 1 of 6
Administrator

Re: Is closed captioning not working today?

It helps to know what market, the channel, what time, how the box is connected to the TV, what model of DirecTV box, what model & manufacturer of TV.

Message 2 of 6
Expert

Closed Captioning on SD boxes is handled by the TV, and on HD boxes by the Directv box, so it's essential we know the model numbers as Broe23 posted.

Message 3 of 6
Employee

First thing to try is resetting your DVR/Receiver using the red button behind the front panel access card door. See if that helps. ( on side panel on H25 receivers).

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 6
Tutor

it has been working, I don't understand what changed.

Message 5 of 6
Tutor

The equipment (box) is an HR34-700. It's not working on any channels today.

But it was working - at this point tv is worthless without captioning unless I turn the volume up really loud. Causing everyone in the house to come rushing to ask me to turn it down lol

I'm trying the reset and see if that helps

Message 6 of 6
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the DIRECTV DVR & Receivers boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Is your service down? Click here to chat with us!

Additional Support